Anyone use the "half" floor pans?

87gninpa

Just started seeing these pop up on Ebay, they're "half" length floor pans. They have them for the rear too. Just have a small amount of rust on the drivers side floor and would rather not replace the entire thing if I dont have to.

I used a full half and cut off what I needed. I dont see why you cant use them. Saves you on shipping! It cost me 100 bucks shipping for a half. Just make sure you have enough for repair area. Get yourself a welder and get to work!

Yea, the price/shipping is what I really liked. Guess all pans are pretty much the same quality wise after you coat them anyways.

My guess would be different gauges....The one I installed was a lot thicker gauge metal than the orignal.

What up dude, I see your still at it :). Rock Auto has those same pans from the same company for a lot less. The manufacturer is Classic 2 Current <-- Link
Check under Body-Exterior -> Floorpan.

Which section where you looking for. I think I have a DS Rear from a donor that I brought but never used.

The sheet metal for the floors is usually 18 gauge on the replacement one's

As a aside I just got some upper LCA's off EBay today to finish my front suspension you helped me with last year.

Hopefully that will be un-eventful and I can move on to the rear springs then to the Bodywork.

Wow, $46 thats great. I checked RockAuto a while ago but they dont show up under the Turbo Engine option, only N/A. Thats strange.

Dont think I need the rears, they look pretty good for now, guess Ill find out for sure once I pull the carpet.

What did you get for the front arms, the Dorman new replacements? I put those on and no problems at all.

Yeah it was under the N/A that I saw the floor parts (since that's the car I have). I'm thinking that for the floor pans, except the fact you have a mounts for the "console" on the tunnel they are all the same (N/A, TT, GN).
You can also check w/Brian over @ GBody Parts. He might have them but not up on his site yet. These half cuts are new as only full and side sections were available before.

I snapped up some used Upper CA's off EBay. About $60.00 for both w/free shipping. They had already been cleaned up, sand-blasted and then primed which saved me alot of work.
Came yesterday and they look nice and solid. I still need to put in new BJ's and do the bushings though. That's what I was looking at on Rock Auto when I saw the floor pans.

I'm thinking of going w/moog problem solvers again as that's what I put in the LCA's last year.
Trying to line things up so that when the snow stops in a month or so I'm ready to go back at it again.

On the floors, I thought I could patch mine (on the DS) till I pulled the seats and carpet. Found out the floor was mostly gone and there was just, well carpet:confused:.
I put a new DS in, boy was that a bear. I'm looking to do the PS and Rear next but I'm not looking forward to it.

Im almost afraid to pull back the carpet myself, thinking Ill find a lot more rust than Im hoping is there. Probably wont get into it until after this season as I want to spend time actually driving it this year rather than just letting it sit around in pieces. Im sure Ill have a few more questions once I get into it.

I hear you on that one. You were under there last season, when you did that brake line you helped me with. How did things look?

Yeah it was under the N/A that I saw the floor parts (since that's the car I have). I'm thinking that for the floor pans, except the fact you have a mounts for the "console" on the tunnel they are all the same (N/A, TT, GN).
You can also check w/Brian over @ GBody Parts. He might have them but not up on his site yet. These half cuts are new as only full and side sections were available before.

I snapped up some used Upper CA's off EBay. About $60.00 for both w/free shipping. They had already been cleaned up, sand-blasted and then primed which saved me alot of work.
Came yesterday and they look nice and solid. I still need to put in new BJ's and do the bushings though. That's what I was looking at on Rock Auto when I saw the floor pans.

I'm thinking of going w/moog problem solvers again as that's what I put in the LCA's last year.
Trying to line things up so that when the snow stops in a month or so I'm ready to go back at it again.

On the floors, I thought I could patch mine (on the DS) till I pulled the seats and carpet. Found out the floor was mostly gone and there was just, well carpet:confused:.
I put a new DS in, boy was that a bear. I'm looking to do the PS and Rear next but I'm not looking forward to it.
We have them & keep in mind shipping is worse case scenario. We actually reduce shipping to actual costs. If your in the midwest we will drop ship from a midwest supplier LKQ. Up north we will ship from C2C, Noth east, sherman. We also stock.
http://www.gbodyparts.com/advanced_...sid=0415eccb410e126f15a5b7ebbf857928&x=2&y=12

Thats good to hear Brian, always like to support TR vendors. Got my brake lines, trans crossmember bushings, and cat hanger from you last year when i was under there.

Whats your opinion on the sectional floor pans?

As far as my car Morbid, there are some holes in the drivers side pan right under where my feet rest, but the rest of the pan looks pretty solid from underneath. I have a feeling when I pull the carpet its going to be a different story though. Hopefully theres just some scale than I can grind down and coat while just replacing the front drivers section.

Thats good to hear Brian, always like to support TR vendors. Got my brake lines, trans crossmember bushings, and cat hanger from you last year when i was under there.

Whats your opinion on the sectional floor pans?

As far as my car Morbid, there are some holes in the drivers side pan right under where my feet rest, but the rest of the pan looks pretty solid from underneath. I have a feeling when I pull the carpet its going to be a different story though. Hopefully theres just some scale than I can grind down and coat while just replacing the front drivers section.
Sectional floor pans should be used for patching only. Not really to replace that whole section of floor. If you need to replace 1 side get the half pans.
What we do for some customers is split the half pans right under where the seat brace goes. This changes the shipping from $100+ to $50-$60.

Im almost afraid to pull back the carpet myself, thinking Ill find a lot more rust than Im hoping is there. Probably wont get into it until after this season as I want to spend time actually driving it this year rather than just letting it sit around in pieces. Im sure Ill have a few more questions once I get into it.

If you are repairing any floor section make sure you pull everthing that is attached to the floor. I had a litte rust on the driver side floor near the rocker that turned into a nightmare. Alot of cars out there have lots of rust in this section but it cant be seen because the frame is in the way. The bad part is that the middle frame bolt attaches to a thicker peice of steel thats spot welded to the the rocker. If that is rusted You will need the floor section with rocker attached. Brian has them on his site. If there is no rust in the rockers you must live in the middle of Texas. If you have a astro roof or t-tops you have rust there.Goodmark sells sections which brian can get also. Those replace the factory floor without the inner rocker section. good luck. Remember the longer you wait the worse it will be. If you think there is rust issues now is the time to make sure how bad it is. The rust wont stop untill you stop it. good look