Anyone use KYB shocks??

ksmmspt

Hi,
I'm looking for some new shocks for my hybrid 85 Elky. I've got Bilsteins on my GN and they are great. KYBs are also available at $20 less each. Are they as good or should I stay with the Bilsteins? Thanks

Never used the Bilsteins, but I love the KYB's on our GN. I've had KYB's on a couple of different vehicles now and loved them each time. Excellent ride control.

I have KYBs for now. I put them on when I was poor and they are ok. I think they are a little harsh on uneven roads but they have last a long time. I plan to get coilovers fairly soon but if I wasn't, I'd get Bilsteins or even better, Koni adjustables.

KYB's are exactly what they are sold as, cheap gas shocks! Lot's of compression and very poor rebound. They will make the car ride more firm since they add spring rate with their compression rate.

For $25 each, the KYB's are a decent cheap gas shock. Bilsteins are a MUCH better shock and they should be at 3 times the price. At least Bilsteins have good rebound control.

This happens to be one of those instances in life where you really do get what you pay for. Buy the Bilsteins if your wallet can stand the price.

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same thing as you vintage. I'll go with the Bilsteins and be done with it.