Anyone running vacuum reserve tank/canister/reservoir to help your brakes

Boston GN

Those with low vacuum due to larger cams and running vacuum brakes, are you running one of these canisters at all? If so, where'd you mount it? Just looking for some pics as to how/where you installed it. :cool:
Does it work well for you?

TIA

when i was running my vacuum setup had the vac canister mounted on the wheel well dont have pics.since then went to hydroboost setup.

I don't really think it does help. The only thing that will provide more vacuum is a vacuum pump. That's what you'll need to look into.

why low vacumn?

you may have other issues. ch timing, look for leaks, cracked hoses, etc.
I have a large cam 236-242 dur and have 15 in at idle, 14in in gear,
with vac brakes I have NO issues at all with stopping.
vac brakes will need 10in or more to operate, and a GOOD check valve.
hope that helps !

I think it would help, if everything is functioning well vacuum brakes work great........Except when I stomp hard on the gas and then immediately have to back off and stomp on the brakes, that is when there is nothing there and Lou Ferrigno wouldn't have enough leg power to stop on a dime. I make sure there is nobody in front of me when I spool-up the turbo, I believe this is why GM installed a non-vacuum type brake system on the GN.
Mike

The leg psi required to stop vac with no assist is waaaay betta than teh PM with no assist!!

then you have a bad check valve!

I think it would help, if everything is functioning well vacuum brakes work great........Except when I stomp hard on the gas and then immediately have to back off and stomp on the brakes, that is when there is nothing there and Lou Ferrigno wouldn't have enough leg power to stop on a dime. I make sure there is nobody in front of me when I spool-up the turbo, I believe this is why GM installed a non-vacuum type brake system on the GN.
Mike

I run close to 30 lbs boost and have no issues,
check it out, it may cure some of your problems.
good luck

I had a vac canister on my Chevelle when I built a nicely cammed big block for it. It didn't really help much at all.

switch to the dual diaphragm booster and a good check valve you will be a ok. If everything is in sealed up. The pancake booster is not the best choice for a boosted car