Anyone running a Poston's hp fuel pump..need some info from one & on them???

6pack

T-Time
See my earlier post below on identify pump. Well guy I bought it from emailed me and said it was a poston's hp fuel pump and is capable of the same thing the walbro 340 is.....is this correct? The numbers on the pump are 6443572 and 0520-107 does this identify it as a Poston's? It also has AC under the fuel sock in the intake port and so does my STOCK unit telling me this is an AC Delco pump. My question is how can Poston's(if it really is a poston's pump) claim 400-600 hp capabilty with a stock pump and we are told that the stock pumps are barely able to feed a stock engine? Also the part numbers and specs from a poston's pump some of you guys may be using would be very helpful.? Poston's part number..so I was told for the hp pump is pe57544

i was wondering this myself, as i also have one. I couldn't find any specs on it, but for some reason i think it may be a stock pump or a 307. I dont remember why. For some reason, mine had a zip-tie on the (top?) which looked out of place, i had wondered if they did this to make the bypass spring inoperative, upping the output of the stock pump?? i am not sure about this though. maybe someone else will speak up.

Mine has the same zip tie! Looks like a syclone or typhoon pump to me. What are the numbers stamped on yours..buickpower?

sorry, but I don't have it in this town right now. I will call and try to have someone read them to me tomorrow.

Originally posted by 6pack
My question is how can Poston's(if it really is a poston's pump) claim 400-600 hp capabilty with a stock pump and we are told that the stock pumps are barely able to feed a stock engine?
A stock Syclone pump can support more h.p. than a stock GN pump.Plus the Poston pump is modified to handle more h.p. In the desription when they say it will support 400-600h.p. I would say that 600 is pushing it a bit maybe 400-500h.p.
Well guy I bought it from emailed me and said it was a poston's hp fuel pump and is capable of the same thing the walbro 340 is.....is this correct? The numbers on the pump are 6443572
The Walbro 340 will flow a bit more than a modded Syclone pump.

2NASSTYBUICKS......will I be ok with the pump in the car in my sig? I thought I was getting a walbro 340...should I make the guy refund my $$$????? and get a 340?

I would think the Poston pump will be ok.I doubt you have any where near 500 h.p.,neither do I.The Poston pump is good for mid 11s.One of my cars came with a new Poston pump in it,I got a new Walbro 340 ready to put in this spring.Why? I don't know I'm only planning on running mid 11s. :confused: I guess I just like spending money.

I think I will do the same.....run this pump and replace it later this year with a walbro 340 and put this one on the shelf as a spare....thanks for the info;) I figured it was a modded syclone pump!

I used to live about a 45 min drive from Postons in Atmore, Ala. and would drive there a get parts in person. And yes they do send the pump to get hopped up so it will handle alot ...though I feel that 600 hp is pushing it...500 comfortably.