Anyone Remember the "Budget Roller Cam" Fiasco?

I sure as hell do. Everytime I buy something from Precision. If their other parts did not work so well my money would have been goiing somewhere else. I'm not as mad about the failure as much as I am about them giving me the high hard one, but I was pissed. But the past is the past I guess.

Budget Roller Cams, Group Purchases, and that guy Mike who started it all....Where has the time gone?

Attachments

• tbuick.jpg
    tbuick.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 519
You can substitute china headers or china knockoffs for "budget roller cam", the crooks who sell this crap slowly quit posting until people forget, then they are back with a new scam.

I could not leave well enough alone and had a bigger one ground.
The 224 did not last very long.
It is too bad, I really loved that grind.

There would be no innovation with out trail and error.
Unfortunately this part failing was a real pain.

We can look into this closet at this can of worms,
not sure if we really should open it again.

Me

9 years or 90 years---I don't forget when I lose $ or who cost me $.

I don't understand the purpose of this stupid thread. What a waste.

Well gee Dave, you mean like a waste of my time when, as a new TR owner in Pomona, I asked you about the shifter in your car, and you acted all pompous like someone was trying to take your trade secret? I don't forget when I lose money, and I also don't forget those who treat others (especially a newbie asking for help) like crap. If you don't like the post, then don't reply.

Well gee Dave, you mean like a waste of my time when, as a new TR owner in Pomona, I asked you about the shifter in your car, and you acted all pompous like someone was trying to take your trade secret? I don't forget when I lose money, and I also don't forget those who treat others (especially a newbie asking for help) like crap. If you don't like the post, then don't reply.
wow:eek:

Well said.

There was no pompousness or worry about trade secrets or anything like that. The fact is, I couldn't answer peoples questions about it because I no longer had the answers. I likely told you the same thing I have to tell everybody that asks about it.

It's a B&M street stick, and no I don't know how to get one, because B&M quit making them and the plate decades ago. Long before you and I even met, so I just didn't have any answers to give.

I think the people that know me know that I have always been open and free with any info I have. If I don't know the answer to something I dont make stuff up or BS to make it sound like I know more than I actually do.

If I came off that way then it certainly wasn't intentional or even awares.

Those that didn't simply don't have a life to begin with.

Point proven