ANyone recommend a transmission shop in SoCal

KenB 87 TT

2004R needs rebuilding, mush on the 1-2.
That said, can anyone recommend a shop in SoCal for a rebuild?
Particularly a trans that will go with me to 11.99.

I realize that I could order a rebuilt one from up north or out East, but I'd still need an installer. I'd prefer to prevent the possibility of installer vs builder figure pointing if any problem arises.

I'm in Torrance, and maybe up to 1.5 hour away is reasonable.

Thanks for your help

KenB

Ken,

Since you're in So Cal and driving distance sounds like it might be an issue why not go over to Art Carr in Huntington beach? I believe the new name of his shop is California Performance Transmission. I know Lou Czarnotta AKA: Turbo Lou does business with them and likes their work. If you're up for a bit longer drive I'd tell you that Len Freeman at Performance Transmissions in Las Vegas is the man. He does all our stuff for us.

I hope this helps

Neal

I second that motion, Art Car's products are true and tested on the street by me lol, not really but it sounds cool. I still have a 3800 stall converter bought back in the early 90's and is still running strong today.

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Ken,

Since you're in So Cal and driving distance sounds like it might be an issue why not go over to Art Carr in Huntington beach? I believe the new name of his shop is California Performance Transmission. I know Lou Czarnotta AKA: Turbo Lou does business with them and likes their work. If you're up for a bit longer drive I'd tell you that Len Freeman at Performance Transmissions in Las Vegas is the man. He does all our stuff for us.

I hope this helps

Neal
I agree with Neals recommendations. I wish
Len was a little closer though. One thing! Dont ever tease his girlfriend/office manager about being short. She gets a little defensive about that. Ask me how I know LOL

Thanks for your suggestions

I apperciate all advice.

Its not so much I don't want to make the drive, say to Vegas (though I don't give money away, esp if I NEED a trans rebuild), but the time

Wife doesn't mind a few$, but 5 hours one-way, she isn't going to volunteer, and as most of my friends here either work waaay too much, or have little kid(s) like me, can't impose on them.

Any more recommendations

Google didn't come up with Art Carr's number in Huntington Beach, anyone have it handy?

Again Thanks

Ken

Re: http://www.artcarr.com/

Originally posted by beygon
here is a web page

http://www.artcarr.com/

No, that's not it. That is the web site of Art's old company. Art sold the "Art Carr" name to a group that moved the business to Texas. It's too long of a story to go into. Basically he has since opened up another shop here in Huntington Beach. Here is the web address.......

Ca Performance Trans

By the way, does anyone know how much Art is getting for a 2004r built for low 11 second/ high 10 second use?