Anyone Real Sharp On Architectural Shingle Roofing?

Not a vented ridge but the attic space is huge and soffit vented along with a twirly vent. The attic gets plenty stuffy in the summer but not crazy hot

My house doesn't have any bird-blocks. There are 3 large gable vents, plus 2 turbine style vents. Also thinking of looking into a whole house fan & solar powered gable vent fan.

I've got a thermal sensor in my attic and have seen 128°, which runs about 30° over ambient in summer...

My HOA required architectural shingles and they run about 30% more than regular shingles, because of course they do, what are HOA's for other than costing you money.

I used to roof quite a bit about 10 years ago. The only thing I would ever install were architectural shingles. I would love to go to a steel coated roof that looked like shingles if I could have afforded them on my house. I would at least choose a 30-40 year shingle. Not sure there if much more of a difference than warranty jargon on paper. You will never get warranty out of a home roof. Most of us don't have the time or means to do so. They prorate their warranties off of retail price which none of us pay, so at about year 10 it is cheaper to just buy new shingles. And, as far as I know I don't think you'll ever get labor covered.

I'm in the middle of getting quotes to replace the roof on my house & garage, comes out to 3100 sq. ft. of roof. Looking at the GAF Timberline lifetime shingles, anyone have an idea of what this should cost?

What pitch of the roof, how many layers of shingles currently on the roof, any dormers, valleys, what style of roof, access around the house, etc.? All of these play into the cost.

Back when I was roofing a 31 sq house with a 6/12 pitch with access to boom the shingles onto the roof and no extra valleys or roof lines and only 1 layer of existing shingles would charge the cost of the shingles(approx $40-$50 sq) and the pitch x $10 to tear off and the same price to lay. 31 X $60 + 31 X $60 + 31 X shingle cost.

Prices definitely could have gone up since then.