Anyone own a Range Rover Evoque?

OhioC5

Underwear model
I'm looking at one for my wife. I'm not crazy about it, but it's for her and she loves how it looks. We're going to go drive one this weekend. I found one with heated steering wheel, front/ rear seats, and windshield. It also has park assist, panorama roof, navigation, HD radio and the good sound system rolling on 19's.

I don't know anything about these rovers, never owned one. I've heard run away from them when they're out of warranty. The one I'm looking is a 2015 with 14k miles , so it's still covered. It has all of the service records too. I watched a bunch of review videos on youtube , but they all seem biased.

Looking for someone that owns one, driven one, wife drives one etc.

Do you like it? Comfortable? maintenance issues, recalls, good on a trip?

It's in Englewood, NJ 07631, what's this area like? If someone is in the area of the dealership I'd pay you to stop in and take a look at it for me depending on how our test drive goes.

Thank you

For that kind of money I think you're taking a risk. It has a newer 9-speed automatic that is not tried-and-true, only the 2nd year for it. Cars with new tech usually have bugs to work out. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig. It is reputedly sluggish also. Not to muddy the water but in that class of vehicle, I would look at an Audi Q5: similar options available, similar good looks, longer established drivetrain. I work for Hyundai/Kia and would love to see you buy one of our products but we don't make anything in that class closer than a high end Kia Sorento which is very nice, good looking and fully equipped at the bottom end of the price range vehicle you are looking at. My own mother has one.

My wife has needed a newer SUV for awhile now to replace her 2009 Chevy Traverse. Long story short, one day while out shopping, we decided for the heck of it to stop at the Land Rover dealer we were passing. We looked at and drove the Evoque and the Discovery. My wife really liked the Evoque. I liked the Discovery because it is bigger and I am....... bigger. Lol.
Anyway, she fell in love with a used but certified Mercedes GL450 4-MATIC so she ended up with that. Last week, the MB went back to the dealer for a detailing they promised us and a small tear in the second row headrest. They had the vehicle for 2 days so they gave my wife, guess what, an Evoque loner for that time. She really likes it. She says it feels zippy and solid. She may have also been referring to me but I think she meant the Evoque. Lol.
Oh, the Hyundai suv, the stretched one, does offer a LOT of features for the money for sure.
Good luck in your search.

My wife has a 13' Explorer limited. Sounds like it has most of what your talking about and includes A/C seats, it has been a solid SUV and is a little bigger for the same price. Not sure if you just want the status que? If so an explorer isn't it since there are a ton of them out there, but parts cost and repair is sure to be less. One of my friends here used to have two of the newer Range Rovers (not sure what model) but he had several problems with the cooling system and random stalling. He traded one in on a new porsche panarama and the other one is soon to go as well if that says anything for them.

,Dan

Thank for all of the info. One of the things I have to consider is service. The closest Land Rover service to me is in Cleveland area about 45 minutes away. The SUV is for my wife, she likes what she likes, not a status thing for her at all. I found a TT 911 for the same money, tried to convince her it's awd and would handle just fine in the winter. She said she would be embarrassed to drive the 911 and refused to even consider it. Oh well, I tried. . . I'm still planning on having her drive one this weekend. If she likes it I'm going to get it for her.

You are a Smart Man,,,,, let her get what she wants even if it is not what she needs. I would not get a Range Rover for myself but I am a simple person.

I know it's a matter of personal taste but I think that the Evoque is one of the ugliest vehicles on the road these days. :vomit: Even if you gave me one, I'd get rid of it the same day and wouldn't want to be seen riding in one.

Claude.

Warranty
Extended warranty
When I purchase a vehicle like that I make sure I have one.
5 years 100k

Claude, if someone gives you one please pass it along to my wife! I believe those were designed with women in mind, it's definitely a females vehicle. I think they have a 100k mile warranty from the factory.

I think all land rovers look great. the Evoque definitely looks like a chic vehicle especially in white which I'm sure thats the color she wants. its not wat u want its wat she wants so buy it for her then. I'm sure she will be happy. happy wife happy marriage.....:happy:

GNBrett, Yes, you're right she wants white. I've been looking for a white one with the options she wants all day.

my GF loves those but she's dreaming if she thinks I'm buying her one of those lol. I'm assuming ur wife wants the HSE model loaded. I think they look hot!