Anyone own a POS 2006/07 Lincoln Navigator?

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Got a strange issue of a damn engine cylinder misfire. I got a code P301 changed the #1 cylinder ign. coil, the check engine light went out for a few days and popped back on this time flagging a p308 (a #8 cylinder) misfire. I promptly changed the number 8 coil and it came back on yet again...truck is misfiring like crazy and the light flashes from time to time and is starting to buckle and stumble rapidly. Anyone have one of these cars and experienced this before. I will google the info, but always nice when someone that you actually trust has first hand advice as well as possible fix.

Thanks in advance.

We had an '06 Expedition that had a slight miss under load. No code. I installed a set of MSD Blaster coils and no misses since.
At 185k mi. the cam phaser oil passages got plugged not alowing cam timing changes.
It was going to cost more to fix it than it was worth, so now we have a '13 Explorer that I made in to a GT.

IMG_3744.JPG

it misfire all the time? or only when warmed up? only at idle, or even when under load while driving at higher speeds? Worse when its damp? my 07 f-150 with 5.4 3v when at low speeds, like in parking lots would misfire when the oil pressure would drop. If you rev'd it up it would clear once the oil pressure raised enough for the cam phasers to work again. Mine was badly grooved cam journals and bearings.

Man, it does it from idle until I turn it off. I have had enough. I was driving it and it’s getting worse. The rpms and speed started dropping on the highway when I was coming from the gym. After about 20 seconds of a 60 to 30 mph coast, I was able to bring it up again. Also it smells like raw fuel. I dropped the SOB off at the dealer and will drive my other car to work and call them tomorrow