Anyone not running a Cat Hanger?

G NASTY

I just bought a new crossmember and it looks like I'm not going to be able to use the stock cat hanger. Will the exhaust hang low without the extra hanger there?

I bought a car with the hanger completely missing and I used 2 stainless steel hose clamps (the super large ones) to hold up the exhaust to the cross member; when I installed the Hooker system. It was a temporary measure until I could come up with something permanent, turned out that was 5 years ago....Guess it worked, no one really sees under there, and I never got around to it.
IMO its best to have some kind of support there it is pretty heavy.

Without the hanger the only thing supporting the exhaust is the rear hanger and the downpipe where it connects to the turbo. Check out spintech I think they make custom hangers

Well I can tell you it will hang down a little and probably puts stress on the down pipe too. My hanger it broken and I haven't got around to it either. We have material at work to replace the rubber part of the mount and I have an old tire to use to make the rubber part too. Mine hangs down about an inch to inch and a half. It is noticeable.

I bought a car with the hanger completely missing and I used 2 stainless steel hose clamps (the super large ones) to hold up the exhaust to the cross member; when I installed the Hooker system. It was a temporary measure until I could come up with something permanent, turned out that was 5 years ago....Guess it worked, no one really sees under there, and I never got around to it.
IMO its best to have some kind of support there it is pretty heavy.

LOL I thought I was the only hack to do that :biggrin: Mine actually broke I need to find a better solution now.

My prob isn't having a cat hanger. I just bought a gbody stainless one and my oem one is real nice also. The issue is I'm going to be running a G/force crossmember and I don't think there is going to be clearance for the cat hanger. I contacted g force to see if there is a solution. Im not near my car to test fit it so there is a slight chance it will fit but I'm not counting on it. I'll sell my oem cat hanger also if anyone is interested. Thanks.

My stock hanger was broken at the rubber belt part and put on a test pipe, it is lightweight and I don't see it hanging down or anything? It is actually lighter than the old half clogged converter.

I haven't ran on in years. Ever since I wentwill with athe single shot. I did have a problem with the mid pipe slowly working its way down. But I put new band clamps on and haven't had a problem since.

LOL I thought I was the only hack to do that :biggrin: Mine actually broke I need to find a better solution now.
Great minds think alike........:eek:
Mine will be taken care of now since a broken drive shaft destroyed the bottom of the car and the exhaust sys.

hello; IMO you need all the support espesially if you have a dual muff system. I had one and put an extra support besides the hanger as the system weighed alot. Depends on what system is there now about the lowness of it but if it was me I'd do something there to add support.
IBBY
e

hello; IMO you need all the support espesially if you have a dual muff system. I had one and put an extra support besides the hanger as the system weighed alot. Depends on what system is there now about the lowness of it but if it was me I'd do something there to add support.
IBBY
e
I haven't had one in 15 years.

They're good to have on a daily driver or regular use street car. :cool:

Pot holes and bad streets take a toll on the rubber part of the hanger, that's better than having other areas do the flexing if it isn't there. :eek: