Anyone make their own brew

mydesigner

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!
Anyone ever do this, my boss and I are gonna start making our own brew, hes been making his own wine so we have all the equipment for it my question is this. What is the best way to do it, i've heard many differnt things. 2) What kind is your favorite 3) Am thinking about trying to build a keg kit using the CO2 tank, good idea?

I've made my own brew plenty of times here is my recepie.
1) juice : orange or grapefruit (*must be fresh not pasturized)
2) sugar ratio 1 1/2 lbs. per gallon (128 oz.)
3) place in bottle (sealed) in a couple of days you should have pressure then bleed off pressure and leave cap loose.
4) 3-5 days and voila, presto you have hooch.
*Note you can buy bakers yeast for under a dollar this will speed things up and/or allow you to start with store bought juice. If you use yeast be careful because it will start producing pressure with in 12 hours. you can also mix juices to make different colors like what we call "the incredible hulk" a mix of grape and grapefruit or OJ.

Years ago i made brew There are many types I ended up with the
German brews. Made 5gal at a time . Hmmm good :cool:

I make my own. I started off with a Mr. Beer kit. Excellent thing to buy to learn the process, would highly recommend it to anyone. It really makes some damn good beer. The problem I had was I really love Irish Stout. I finally perfected a good stout with my own recipe, but I was using the carbonation process I learned from brewing with Mr. Beer. It's good for other beers, but not a stout. I am looking into buying a CO2 set-up and some Cornelius kegs so I can force carbonate my stout and get that nice creamy head it's suppose to have. Check out Mr. Beer. My wife bought me the whole kit from Bed,Bath, and Beyond when she was out shopping one Saturday.