Anyone know if PM should show amp. drain?

Maltman

Simple question...I think...

I noticed my powermaster shows about a .2 amp drain with key off. Disconnect the plug at the motor (or pull the fuse) and the drain is gone.

Is this about right...or should it be 0 amps?

I have a big problem with too much drainage as it is, so .2 is something I'd like to get rid of (if possible).

(Overall drainage is .43 amps....I know....too much. Battery won't last more than a week!)

Thanks,

Mark

Good question...I have the same problem..battery will die in one week..I keep a trickle charger on mine...how do you check for leak???Hope someone can help you!

Should be no drain at all when key is off.

Then again the coolant fan delay relay that always goes bad is on that circuit.

Pull both connectors off the big relay on the drivers side of the car and you will have cured your draw and saved a batteries life.

I highly doubt it's the powermaster system. :)

Originally posted by salvageV6
Should be no drain at all when key is off.

Then again the coolant fan delay relay that always goes bad is on that circuit.

Pull both connectors off the big relay on the drivers side of the car and you will have cured your draw and saved a batteries life.

I highly doubt it's the powermaster system. :)

Hmmmm....I did check the current while the pm motor was plugged in and with it unplugged (at the motor, not the fuse panel).

?....If that relay is bad, does it rely on that plug to complete the circuit before it is reached, or is what I did an definitive ruling of the motor as the source of battery drain. I know the pm motors go bad too, so I'm a little suspicious of it right now....what do you think?

Thanks,

Mark

No the relay doesn't need the brake connector plugged in to have power.

Try pulling the relays fuse to stop the draw.

Interesting problem but I'd do the easy test and unplug the delay relay connectors too to see if the draw changes.

Roger that....thanks for the tips

I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can get to the car again, so forgive me if I don't give an update.

Mark