Anyone know how the a-arm dust flaps are installed/oriented?

brisbon

Years ago when i restored my gn i forgot to replace the inner fender rubber a-arm dust flaps. The engine bay gets filthy without them and ifinally found a guy who makes them. Does anyone have theability to take a quick snapshot of how there mounted i cant google them for ****. Id really appreciate it!!!

I believe there are sir. Perhaps there mounted to the stock a-arms, it looks as if they lower part of the flap has a provision to. Do you have any diagrams of such and maybe for other gbodys?

I know what an a-arm dust flap is and i know there arent any on the GN

the material they used to do flaps on other cars was used on the GN but it was used to box in the front of the radiator support to the header panel to direct air to the radiator . theres two side panels and the large bottom panel, maybe you're looking at the side panels ?

heres the kit at gbodyparts.com and the pics should explain

GBodyParts.com Online

I believe there are sir. Perhaps there mounted to the stock a-arms, it looks as if they lower part of the flap has a provision to. Do you have any diagrams of such and maybe for other gbodys?

pacecarta is correct. There were none. Just looked at my 86 (I'm the original owner), and there are none.

Correct, there aren't any flaps on the inner fenders or upper control arms on a GN/T-Type. They intentionally left them off on the turbo cars to help dissapate the high heat built up by red-hot exhaust headers and turbine housing.

I agree, as you said other gbodys had them, so i just installed those on my GN after i swapped out my turbo motor for a 550hp 383 stroker v8 it doesnt make the car unbearably hot in the summer like the turbo motor, saves me from washing the motor as much