Anyone know anything about Viper alarms?

WakkoSS

I've got one in my GN, unsure the age. Yesterday I went to disarm the alarm, the LEDs stopped blinking but the doors did not unlock. I manually unlocked them, he alarm did not go off. Now it won't work at all.

Any ideas?

Viper = DEI. In my experience, all DEI alarms are great. Not to mention, they are life-time warranteed? Find out who installed it, and see if you can get some warranty work done.

Steve

It was installed in Ohio. Worse comes to worse, since the wiring is in place, I can replace just the brain can't I? I think the wiring harness plugs in, rather than being attached.

Call 1-800-876-0800 thats DEI's number.
I just bought a Viper with the GPS system to install in my GN.
Tarey D.

I dont think it's a fuse...the LEDs were flashing, then when I hit the disarm button they went off but no chirp or unlock. Hasn't worked since. I'll check the wires though, maybe a ground came loose or something.

Had a Viper in my old Cutlass before, similar thing happened it was dirty battery connection in the remote and low battery. Also, in my 72 Monte Carlo (not a Viper alarm) the alarm was freaking out going off all the time for no reason then finally wouldn't work at all, only to lock the doors, couldn't set it off for nothing. All problems were fixed when I installed a new car battery. Turns out it was dying. The alarm knew before the car did.:mad:
BTW you haven't meesed with any wiring in the car recently have you? Anything, even the stereo or ecm as that could have disconnected or shorted something and cause your problems. Also depending on whom installed it it could be just a bad install (loose wiring, bad ground, etc.). Looks like you will have to spend some time under that dash:(

I thought of the battery thing too, but both remotes are having the same result. I don't believe the car battery is no good, it starts strong even after a week of sitting, but I'll keep that in mind. Negative on the messing with the wires. I'm going to check it out on Wednesday and call DEI for suggestions. Thanks to all the responses so far, they're appreciated. Keep em coming, too!

Is there a 9 volt battery in the brain? That may be dying.

Scott