Anyone in 10's w New Billet 6262???

mzunino

I am really wanting to upgrade but there is not alot of 1/4 mile times in the 10's on this one(I know it is new)...Anybody in the 10's if so how much boost are you running and what fueling setup are you running-injectors and pump...I am really looking to stepup and build a new setup but I am not sure I can wait long enough to save that much $$$:D Thanks

ran 11.30s @ norwalk 30#s boost, doing valve springs this week and i think i'll be there. hth, tim

Demo Man do you think you need that much boost to make it to 10's?? Anything other than springs holding you back do you think??? Are those injectors enough...Any knock? What was your 60ft???

Demo Man do you think you need that much boost to make it to 10's?? Anything other than springs holding you back do you think??? Are those injectors enough...Any knock? What was your 60ft???
You need at least that much to run 10's on an unopened engine. Probably 32-33psi to put it in the 10's solidly. 25 psi will net you about 120mph in a 3600lb car with supportng parts and a decent tune.

no,stock bottom end,stock heads,didnt really expect it to run this good when i built it.it does have the 212-212 cam

my 60's are enough,not too much knock and when i seen it i lifted and tuned it out (none on this particular pass) 1.55 60ft off the ebrake. i don't really know of anything else holding me back besides opening the motor.if you do i'm all ears:) hth, tim

Wow I wasnt thinking that it would take 30psi+ to get to the 10's with that turbo....I have ported stock heads but it doesnt sound like that is going to be enough to run maybe 25-26psi and break into the 10's...Maybe I should save some more $$$.

You need at least that much to run 10's on an unopened engine. Probably 32-33psi to put it in the 10's solidly. 25 psi will net you about 120mph in a 3600lb car with supportng parts and a decent tune.

X2 My car weights about 3700lbs with me in it. Maybe slightly less. It traps at 120-121 at 25lbs with a Tnetics 66BB P-rim. My old 63E did about the same. Maybe a tad slower. But I did not see a big difference between the 2 turbos besides spool up.

Wow I wasnt thinking that it would take 30psi+ to get to the 10's with that turbo....I have ported stock heads but it doesnt sound like that is going to be enough to run maybe 25-26psi and break into the 10's...Maybe I should save some more $$$.

Ported heads will make a huge difference. Id bet 10's could be had at 25-26psi even with the stock cam still in there. Run a 29" slick and keep the rpm between 4600 and 5100 and it should run the number if the tune is good. If you run a little more cam it will go 10's at a couple psi less if you raise the shift a couple hundred rpm.

Save more money?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the new 62 more than an 45a or a old style 67?? Both are proven 10 sec. turbos.

Ive got the 6262 Billet Journal bearing. I think this turbo has alot of potential. I was only at the track once this year on pump gas and low boost.

Running 16psi it ran 12.00's at 118 mph. 1.95-2.00 sixty footers :eek: I need a looser converter. I would say with the mph my car was trapping on low boost once I get the converter ordered and crank the boost up it should be a 10 sec ride with a good tune.

My mods are in my sig.

Just my .02.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...28-new-times-6262-billet-journal-bearing.html