Anyone here use soft seal weather stripping from eBay ?

mc575

I have a hardtop and want to replace the door/ roof seals. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Metro Super Soft is the best, aside from OEM.

The soft seal is garbage. Search for it on here.

Yes, my e-bay crap ended up in the trash.

The stuff I used came from G-Body Parts, and looks, feels and fits like stock, but costs much less. :)

Thank you, I did a search and as usual a bunch of listings I didn't want pop up. Common forum search results.

Just ordered the metros. .

Metro Super Soft is the best, aside from OEM.

The soft seal is garbage. Search for it on here.

Installed Metro Super Soft door seals today and worked out perfectly, excellent fit as if they were oem.

When you installed the Metro weatherstripping, could you get your door to close? I installed them on my passenger door and it took me and a friend to close door. So I'm not happy with them. They are really thick and just doesn't seem right. Now my car has only 24k on it so I'm pretty sure that the door and hinges are not worn out or missed aligned. After we got the door closed I left it that way for a month and half. Its better but its still terrible. I even pulled the striker all the way outboard and that still doesn't help. Frustrated and don't know what to do...

When you installed the Metro weatherstripping, could you get your door to close? I installed them on my passenger door and it took me and a friend to close door. So I'm not happy with them. They are really thick and just doesn't seem right. Now my car has only 24k on it so I'm pretty sure that the door and hinges are not worn out or missed aligned. After we got the door closed I left it that way for a month and half. Its better but its still terrible. I even pulled the striker all the way outboard and that still doesn't help. Frustrated and don't know what to do...

My doors shut no problem. But it's definitely a tighter seal now.

You can get all of the Metro Soft Seal t-top and seal parts very cheap on Amazon.

I used Metro when I had my car painted about 3 years ago. At first, I was a bit disappointed with how hard I had to slam my doors and how the windows sealed. As time has gone on, they have seemed to "seat" much better and I am relatively happy with how they've worked out. We all know OEM Is best, but that was simply not an option due to the cost.