anyone here get their trans' built by the Toy Shop, Pomona, Ca. ???

B

blackbanditz

they do all GM trannys. built the trans up pretty nice on my old camaro. im picking up an 87 turbo T soon and am gonna get the trans overhauled, any other good shops in SoCal???

Try;

Donald Wang, ( DRW ), I believe, down around San Diego, seems to have the best reputation in So Ca
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

My friends trans was rebuilt by The Toy Shop. We have around 15K miles on it with 40-50 low 12 high 11 sec passes on it and it still shifts like the day we put it in.

They were decently priced too.

My bro's 86 T-Types tranny was rebuilt by them too and it has held together too (that car wasnt raced tho)

I knew you would say that Dave!

Whats up Dave!!!

It was only a matter of time before you chimed in and said something......

You going to Las Vegas

Later,
Mack

Originally posted by WUTSAV8
DRW Sucks. :rolleyes:

DRW Sucks.

How about giving us a little more to chew on than "DRW sucks"? I've never done any business with them and have nothing to say either good or bad, but there must be something more to the story other than "DRW sucks". Actually I've heard nothing but good about them, so I'd be interested in hearing your side of the story.

Sup Mack: I will try to be there, if I can get a good trans :p Otherwise I will spectate. Been busy at the new job. ;)

Blackbanditz: Basically, the quality/service is going downhill, while the prices are going uphill. I'm sure you can find more information in the archives of trans talk.

I forget the exact price.

I've spent over $3k there including a new converter, which I actually got a deal on. But that's because I had to visit Art direct and hand deliver the converter to Don. But that's another story entirely. :rolleyes:

Oops, my mistake:

I have never heard of the Toy Shop in Ponoma, and I have never heard a complaint about DRW before this. My response was based on maybe not enough knowledge, but in "good faith."
I will keep the Toy Shop in mind when I need tranny work.
Thanks in advance
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"
Congratulations TRBON8R on passing go and collecting $200.00 at the smog station.

the Toy Shop is my builder of choice for trannys and rearends.

DRW's premium pricing is matched only by his premium ego.

Fun Fact: It's $225 in labor to R&R a trans, which they can do in 20 minutes (been there/seen it.) Do the math, and that's one HELL of a shop rate...