anyone here brave enough yet

SoCalGN

to step up and convert an 86/87 f.i. intercooled setup to a blow-through carb system? :)

I'm seriously considering it. Not that I think it will necessarily be better, but I want to explore the advantages/disadvantages.

Plus I bought a Terry Houston Downpipe at a swap meet for $25 and I can't let it go to waste. :)

cool. as with anything else, if all the pieces to the combo are right(fuel system,carb, air bonnet) it will haul azz. you won't loose a thing compared to f.i. . there's been a lot of power made in the last couple years blowing through carbs with great driveability. anyone who thinks the 86/87 drive trains "HAVE" to have fuel injection to run are due for a wake up call. if you think you want to give it a go and need a little help shoot me an e-mail. i might be able to help you some.

I did some looking at an IC motor this weekend. The challenge will be to mount the alternator on the left side of the engine (along with the steering pump, but no AC or smog) and not interfer with the HEI distributor. With the turbo on right front of the motor, the fan will need to be coverted to electric.

More and more parts to collect. :)