anyone have the ultimate wet black color codes

midnight rider

0riginal owner 1987 GN
Im having my gn re-painted and was wondering if anyone has a paint code for that ultimate liquid wet black. at the paint shop they mix other colors into black so it reflects better. just wondering if there is a killer black

Yes just use the base black I can't remember the code but it is the blackest you can get then lost of polishing and sanding and it will look wet and deep. it is the color on the car in my avtar

No I'm sorry I ment that the color base black is the best, its the color that they use before they add other stuff to it. It is the blackest HTH

midnight rider said:
Im having my gn re-painted and was wondering if anyone has a paint code for that ultimate liquid wet black. at the paint shop they mix other colors into black so it reflects better. just wondering if there is a killer black

I asked my paint guy about this and he said PPG 1683 was the blackest PPG black.

IIRC, I think DuPont had a Jet Black that was their blackest, but the PPG 1683 looks darker to me.

Pete

I used black basecoat to paint my hood and fender. No additional colors. It called for a drop of yellow and red to match the OEM code. We used Dupont Chromabase black only with the appropriate binders, etc. If we had mixed in the other colors, it gives a brownish hue.

I've got PPG Black (nothing special ie: jet black) just black and it's pretty darned black! Get lots of attention.