Anyone have Innovative Boost Control?

v6turbojunkie

I'm setting this thing up and have some wiring questions.

I want to set it up for use in drag racing. I assume I'll just use a launch stage and 1 more stage for the rest of the pass because I don't know how this thing knows when the car shifts itself. I was planning on launching off the foot brake and letting the car shift itself the rest of the way. What is the best trigger for the BC? Do I manually set the L stage each time I need to use it?
Any in depth explanation would be appreciated.

Thanx in advance,

John

You will never leave the first Stage unless you wire in some triggers. The shift control only works with a manually shifted transmission unless you are well knowledged in electronics.

I think the brake switch would be the best trigger. If I read correctly, I'll activate the L stage when the brake is pressed and power has completed the loop back to the MSBC. When I dump the brake pedal the power will be cut off and the MSBC will automatically go into stage 1. If this is incorrect let me know.

It depends on what version you have. All the controllers built the last couple of years are the 12G models which have timers built in them. You need to set up the trigger for the launch boost (Probably won't work correctly without CO2). Once the trigger is released the timers will be activated for each stage. I generally set it up so stage 1 runs out at the 60', stage 2 the 330', stage 3 the 1/8th, stage 4 the 1000' and stage 5 runs out the back.

Without the Co2 my launch boost would not go below 22#s no matter what i did to control it, Now with the co2 i can launch down to 12#s
My launch is wired to the transbrake, But i a msure if your car can hold the launch boost you can obtian the foot brake switch would wire in without a problem, Just make sure you use the + trigger wire

Originally posted by HighPSI
It depends on what version you have. All the controllers built the last couple of years are the 12G models which have timers built in them. You need to set up the trigger for the launch boost (Probably won't work correctly without CO2). Once the trigger is released the timers will be activated for each stage. I generally set it up so stage 1 runs out at the 60', stage 2 the 330', stage 3 the 1/8th, stage 4 the 1000' and stage 5 runs out the back.

Are you running in dual port mainfold mode or wastegate mode?

how muvh pressure do you have the co2 set at to work correctly?

Not sure if your asking me or Otto, but..

I install then in dual port manifold mode, and set the CO2 pressure about 5 pounds above maximum boost.

I am curious how Otto is getting lower boost levels with just the installation of CO2, I've always had to install a weaker spring in the wastgate, and use the CO2 to get the boost back up.

I have the 12G model.
It has timers and programmable ramp speeds.
What boost level is good for a launch without smoking the tires?
I have 28 X 10's with a complete wolfe racecraft rear suspension to put the power to the ground and should hit mid 10's I think.

Oh yeah, I set up in dual port, manifold mode.
Where did you find your vacuum source for the system?

Not sure if your asking me or Otto, but..

I install then in dual port manifold mode, and set the CO2 pressure about 5 pounds above maximum boost.

I am curious how Otto is getting lower boost levels with just the installation of CO2, I've always had to install a weaker spring in the wastgate, and use the CO2 to get the boost back up.

I think its beacuse i have yet to tune for spoolupa nd its plenty rich down low, I also have no idea waht spring is in it.

Otto: No problem. I was just hoping you had some information I could learn from.

V6turbojunkie: Your launch boost level is going to vary based upon how much hp you make at a given boost level vs. how well your suspension works. With my combo, I am only able to launch with 10-11 psi. Any more and the bumper drags. I know of a couple TSM cars able to launch with close to 20 psi.