Anyone have experience with this Wilwood Brake Setup?

Brandon#

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-80-81-82-83-84-85-86-87-Grand-National-Wilwood-disc-brake-kit-buick-brakes-/381201101008?fits=Make:Buick|Submodel:Grand+National&hash=item58c15b30d0&vxp=mtr

I just installed the 85 TR hydroboost system, and am in the market for a new set of front brakes and found this. Anyone ever installed, or driven a GN with this setup? It looks like a decent deal for all of the parts you get (rotors, calipers, ss brake lines, bearings, spindles, hardware, etc...)

I'm looking for new parts. I don't want to do the blazer spindle swap or install brakes that won't clear 15" wheels.

Just buy bolt on calipers from ssbc and stock size drilled slotted rotors from summit......

drilled and slotted rotors do nothing for performance, especially on a street car. just buy those calipers and pads if you are dead set of keeping the tiny stock rotor size and put new bearings in the rotors that you have if they look good, if not just get parts store replacements.

I would buy the real deal wilwood brakes that dont use the stock rotor. I put the 12.19" set up on my car, and it was like night and day stopping at 150+ at the track, i even switched to manual brakes at the same time and it stops way easier.

Well at $60 a piece the rotors look cool and if you do happen to need to do multiple high speed stops theyll come in handy.....mine stops waaay better after the caliper and rotor upgrade but my stock stuff was far from up to par....

I would buy the real deal wilwood brakes that dont use the stock rotor. I put the 12.19" set up on my car, and it was like night and day stopping at 150+ at the track, i even switched to manual brakes at the same time and it stops way easier.

Is this the kit you have?
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...e=Buick&model=Regal+Grand+National&option=All

Will it clear the stock wheels without using spacers? Was it a true bolt on? (minus the stock caliper mount that I believe must be cut off)

Why are you willing to buy the kit when all you really need to buy is the calipers and rotors? It would be the same thing but much less expensive.

Why are you willing to buy the kit when all you really need to buy is the calipers and rotors? It would be the same thing but much less expensive.

Because the calipers alone sell for $400, add the rotors, pads, bearings , ss lines, etc... and the kit price doesn't seem too bad.