Anyone have experience w/dupli-color "paintshop"?

Powder

I'm considering shooting the metallic clear from duplicolor over my existing factory white paint to give it a pearl effect. My paint is in excellent condition and this is a very reasonable approach, cost wise, if it is a good product.
Anyone have any experience with this product?

I'm considering shooting the metallic clear from duplicolor over my existing factory white paint to give it a pearl effect. My paint is in excellent condition and this is a very reasonable approach, cost wise, if it is a good product.
Anyone have any experience with this product?

just get the pearl you like and mix it in with regular clear. i would do a test panel first. that dupli color stuff cost too much for what you get.
where to get pearls.
Custom Painting Pearls items - Get great deals on PPG, Dupont items on eBay Stores!

here look closer to bottom. the thing with pearls is you can get different effect with the amount you put into it. the bad thing is that a scratch in the paint is really hard to fix.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/how-tos/329021-how-do-bodywork-2.html

The appeal of the "paint shop" paint is that its lacquer like the factory paint and it comes pre thinned, ready to shoot for about $23 a quart. The acrylic enamels and urethanes aren't compatible with lacquer so a lot more work and expense would be required to enhance what I already have. Correct me where I'm wrong, I'm just trying to spice up the white paint that I have at the least amount of expense. All advice greatly appreciated! Thanks for the input.
Merle