anyone have a 30' widescreen tv or bigger?

MaroonType

Just trying to get some ideas on which one to get, Was thinking about the panasonic 30' widescreen hdtv. How is viewing normal cable, dont have digital cable yet and wont for a little while.

55 inch hdtv from mitsubishi top of the line back in 2001.

Oh yeah its my parents.

It all depends on the cable. Pretty Much any TV will be good to great looking as long as the cable is feeding a good line.

We notice on some channels that it sucks, and others are perfect.

HD is like being there. It was funny seeing the acne on a model the other day. hahaha

With most of the new hdtv you can't go wrong. Go sit in front of them and see what one YOU like to look at. Its a metter of how much you want to spend...

56" widescreen Panasonic

Tip: Make sure you see the quality (or lack of) for non-HDTV broadcasts. Some models will upscale the lo-def picture much better than other brands.

I personaly like what i have.... 48" Hd Rear projector Mitsu... its the best bang for the buck

plus my x-box has high def wires so my gaming experience has been all out with the 5.1

Recently bought a Sony 42" Wega and I love it. Great resolution, I have digital cable and it looks great, HD looks incredible. The Wega is an LCD and after lots of thought and research this type of tv worked best for me. Instead of a plasma or rear projection, well technically the LCD is a rear projection, but you know what I mean. Good luck in your search.

Dont expect much due to the bigger screen. It will look good because it's big but an HDTV on regular cable is still not going to be a great picture.

DVDs will look awesome though.

Originally posted by MaroonType
Just trying to get some ideas on which one to get, Was thinking about the panasonic 30' widescreen hdtv. How is viewing normal cable, dont have digital cable yet and wont for a little while.

Mitsubishi WS55511 55" Widescreen w/HD tuner built in here. I personally dont like stretch or zoom modes, and normal mode (4:3 on a widescreen will damage the CRT's

You might consider getting a DLP or LCD which are not prone to burn in like a CRT or pasma set. DLP sets are comparable to a CRT RPTV price wise, but blacks arent as black if that matters.

62" (or 64"?) Phillips projection. Large screen and incredible picture especially all dark watching dvds. It is a few years old but once you get used to the large screen you can't go back. I am planning on buying a new tv however, one that takes up a lot less space depth wise (smaller footprint) as well as an even better picture. I just picked up 2 Buyers Guide mags yesterday. One is bySound and Vision ( www.soundandvisionmag.com ) and Curtco's Digital TV ( www.dtvmag.com ). Some good info. in both on the different types out there (Plasma, LCD, Etc).

FYIW
Bought a Mitsubishi WS65315 65" HD-R back in Sept. '04 Picture is pretty good with regular cable. Bought a Mitsubishi DD-7040 DVD player & spent the extra $$ for Monster component cables. DVD quality is awesome but you will shell out some bucks for the Monster cables. HTH Dave

50'' Samsung DLP. One of the best pictures I've seen. Very clean and very sharp lines and the colors that it produces is unbeliveable.
Also it only weights about 80lbs.

Chad

A bit of "Mr. Deeds" behind my D-I-L and granddaughter on our 65" Mitsubishi a year ago, I got NO complaints with it! And the HD is incredible!

Attachments

• tv.jpg
    tv.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 152
Originally posted by Buick From Hell
A bit of "Mr. Deeds" behind my D-I-L and granddaughter on our 65" Mitsubishi a year ago, I got NO complaints with it! And the HD is incredible!

Ohh Kevin, you have some serio0us red push in that pic. I dont know if you LIKE it that way or not, but there is a DVD out called Avia, that you can use to get the colors more accurate, although you wont get rid of that red push without going into the service menus, which I dont suggest you do.

As Ben mentioned up top here, hometheaterspot.com is an excellent site, and if you become a supporting member, I think it was $25, you gain access to all kinds of technical info that otherwise you'd need to be an auth servicecenter to get, a lot of this information can really screw up your set if not done right.

On mine, my next project is a lens cleaning and mech/electrostratic focus. Thats about as far into the machine I feel comfortable getting, I have some screen shots somewhere around here....

65 in mitsubishi widescreen hd since 2001 the neiborhood loves it they will all be here sat for the jets game

Forget about those small screens. ;) I wanted the movie theater experience and bigger is better.

I have an InFocus DLP movie projector ($1200) and bought a screen online ($250). The total price is probably cheaper than an widescreen HDTV, however the drawback is that you need a really dark room in the daytime or have to only use it at night. Just something to consider as an alternative. My front projector is not HDTV, however it does show progressive scan DVD's at the highest resolution possible, 480P. Anything resolution above that with DVD's is just using interpolation anyway. When the High-def DVD's come out in the next year or so, I'll probably get a high-def projector which costs a few thousand $ or so.

Here's a picture of the setup. Thats a 36" tv below the screen that I use for regular viewing (looks small eh?): Home Theater 1

And here's what it looks like with the lights off (picture looks a little green due to my digital camera taking the picture in the dark, but the image looks awesome - calibrated with the Avia dvd): Home Theater 2

Jim--That pic was taken xmas of '03, it just happened I knew right where it was on my hard drive so I posted it...when we got the HDTV a few months ago, they re-adjusted all the colors...I didn't notice much difference, but the guy DID tell the wife it was "heavy on the red"...