Anyone go 10s with a ta60?

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
Im just wondering if anyone got a 10sec slip with there ta60. If you did were your heads ported what kind of cam did you go with? I went 11.7s with 23# boost low timing 21/18,and a crappy 1.7 60ft(power master wouldnt hold more than 4# on the line).Got hydro boost for that now!! I think there was a 11.50-11.40 run there with just higher timing and 2# more boost.What would be the best way for me to get the 10sec slip? Keep my current set up,get heads done and a roller cam or get a cpt61 or cpt 66 bb turbo and build around that. I was also thinking send my converter and have it made a multi disc so I could lock it at the track. What do you guys think? ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED! ThanX.

I think someone ran a 10.9 once with a PTE51 which is similar on a stocker.

Probably need 30 psi. without heads. :eek:

Heads and a BB66 should get it done easier. :cool:

I have a ported TA-51 and am running 11.50's with 17 PSI of boost. My motor is basically limited by my turbo which is fine by me. I am still working out the tune and should be in the 10's by this season. Its slow going because I blew my heads sky high two seasons ago and the money I spent on my motor is just to much to basically lean it out and go as fast as I can and sacrifice my heads again.

I have a comp cams 212/212 roller cam, T&D roller rockers, race ported Champion aluminum GN1 heads, JE slugs, Carillo rods, BMS forged stroker crank, billet caps on all mains, 75 lb/hr injectors, FMIC, 3" THDP, ported intake manifold, Cottons 4" intake, FAST classic, Kenne Bell 40 amp boost-a-pump, caspers hotwire kit, a good Walbro pump, along with other stuff I cant remember off the top of my head. This is all on a 109 block thats bored .020 over. Its a solid runner with injector DC sitting right at 46% at WOT in its current fat tune state so I feel confortable running it all out. I am putting it on a load bearing dyno this spring with Tommy Wong out here on the west coast to help nail down the tune even better. With any luck I should be getting kicked out of the local tracks before summer. :smile:

Im thinking going 66 BB turbo with ported irons,212-212 comp roller set up.With the other mods I currently have and adding 60#(or should I go higher) injectors and a good 60' would that put me in the tens? ThanX guys!

Those injectors may be ok for a bit but I would suggest going bigger and spending a little more now as opposed to a lot more down the road. You can dial back a larger injector to an extent, you cant make a smaller injector flow more though. Racetronix pretty much has injectors so close to the same cost per size you might as well just go with 75's or around there for fuel. You will still idle smooth and the car will have manners on the street but be able to kick ass at the track. Anything like a 96 lb/hr injector will start to cause idle degradation that would make the car fussy on the streets. Of course this is all out the window if you decide to go the E85 route. If thats the fuel you want to run then get 120's or bigger.

I just noticed you have 009's on your car now. If tens is your goal, take them out and sell them immediately. I was running a full bolt on motor at 30 PSI of boost with C16 and alky with the 009's. Three passes later I left the track in a cloud of smoke and my motor had so much oil sprayed all over it the track folks thought I had blown my front cover. Not the case, I lifted both heads and blew my intake gasket inside out steam cleaning a couple of cylinders.

009's are not bad injectors but they are best suited for someone that just wants a little better performance out of a mostly stock combination.

I just noticed you have 009's on your car now. If tens is your goal, take them out and sell them immediately. I was running a full bolt on motor at 30 PSI of boost with C16 and alky with the 009's. Three passes later I left the track in a cloud of smoke and my motor had so much oil sprayed all over it the track folks thought I had blown my front cover. Not the case, I lifted both heads and blew my intake gasket inside out steam cleaning a couple of cylinders.

009's are not bad injectors but they are best suited for someone that just wants a little better performance out of a mostly stock combination.

Those 009s are gone! I had 60s I bought a few months back from Eric(TT),but had to sell them. I needed extra cash,car was in the body shop and the painter kept coming up with extra sh!t. If I put a bb 66 turbo on it with the convertor I have now would I see any gain with the stock heads and cam? That would leave alot of room to grow.ThanX

Im just wondering if anyone got a 10sec slip with there ta60. If you did were your heads ported what kind of cam did you go with? I went 11.7s with 23# boost low timing 21/18,and a crappy 1.7 60ft(power master wouldnt hold more than 4# on the line).Got hydro boost for that now!! I think there was a 11.50-11.40 run there with just higher timing and 2# more boost.What would be the best way for me to get the 10sec slip? Keep my current set up,get heads done and a roller cam or get a cpt61 or cpt 66 bb turbo and build around that. I was also thinking send my converter and have it made a multi disc so I could lock it at the track. What do you guys think? ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED! ThanX.
The TA49 has been 10.80's on an unopened engine. Im sure the ta60 would do at least that if it was run on the same engine.

Im thinking going 66 BB turbo with ported irons,212-212 comp roller set up.With the other mods I currently have and adding 60#(or should I go higher) injectors and a good 60' would that put me in the tens? ThanX guys!

You are on the right track there.

Ported heads will help with any turbo but that is necessary to run high 10s.

I agree with the use of 83# injectors.

I have seen 10.80s with a TA 60 but it was a drag car, with a trans brake doing it.

You can foot brake the car and get a decent 60 foot. You should be shooting for a low 1.6 to high 1.5 to get there. That means suspension details but not a lot of dough to get there.

Tens are attainable but you will really have to whip a TA60 to get the tens. The TA60 is a good mid-11sec turbo as a general rule. There are plenty of modern turbos that will take a stock motor with bolt-ons into the tens with the right tune-up.

TA60 in the 10's

Bob Hansen, the 2006 TSS winner at BG, currently runs 10.80's with a TA60 and 55 lb. injectors. He qualified #1 in TSS at BG in 2007 with a 10.19, but that was with a TE45A and 72 lb. injectors. The car has a 224/224 camshaft and ported iron heads.