Anyone ever put a COP bumper bar on their buick???

Um Noo offence there Derrik but if you read his thread you would see the part where he wants to run into and over things with his new push bar So if he had Omitted that part and just asked for what would work to make it look more like a police cruiser or mad max he might have been pointed in the correct direction and yes after he gets done running into and over lots of stuff, he can park it at any car show and for sure get lots of looks...and laughs
umm, no offense here, but i saw the humor that was intended by the "run into and over things" comment.
seriously- you guys need to lighten up, and start doing things to your cars to make them unique. they're just cars, so make them yours.

I seen the humor too as well and im sure everyone else had seen it and thats why we injected our own humor.

Perhaps if he had stated he needed a pushbar to do crowd control cause everyones trying to steal it...that i can relate to and see humor in it. There is also truth in that cause i can atest as everyone else can that i cant park it and walk into a store without thinking they will get past my 2 kill switches and the club.

but dry humor in saying you want to run over things with a nice car, its like ok hes being funny but he just opened himself up. and since its sunday and rain i added some funny.

...wow...i count about ten asses and one person with a brain...most of you do need to lighten up a bit...

...i come to these boards for info about our cars and occasionally provide some not to make fun of people but whatever gets you off...

...i guess if you guys actually read helpful or technical things about these cars you would know i spent the last year of my hard work and about 17 k of my money building the engine in my car so your an idiot if you think im goingto run it into a brick wall...whats funny is i dont recognize any of the posters being involved in any posts where any info or knowledge of these cars is...so i guess surfing posts looking for spots to insert useless knowledge/insults is again your thing....

...there is a fairly lengthy post about my engine build in the engine tech section...thats the section below this one might want to try it....and the post is titled..."noah's Mad Max engine build etc.."....but i wonder why im telling you this as its obvious none of you know anything about how these cars work...

...thanks for the replies that actually have info in them...my plan is to put flat black rims on my car along with a flat black bumper bar and i may also do some trim in flat black to kind of two tone the car with the original gloss black and a flat black...for those other guys i am trying to make my car look a little bit unique...im not butchering the car but it wont be another cookie cutter gn...i also painted my block a diesel green that would be in the post of the engine build as well...

...ill post some finished pics of the car with times this coming season and all are welcome to their opinions on wether they like it or dislike it regardless i dont really see how that entitles anyone to ridicule anyone else...seems pretty immature and as representatives of the buick community you might want to be a little bit more friendly.

...trying to find a universal type police bumper bars they have on the front of their cars...trying to mad max this car and i need one of those big steel bars on my gn so i can run into/over stuff...anyone know of one that might fit on a G-body without too much modification...thanks in advance...noah.

So you got all this modification and yet you want to add a 150# push bar to your front end? you opened yourself up for it, you see them little faces on your right when you post? try adding one every now and then, like after your attempt at humor.
Yes youve sunk some dough into your car and i hope it runs like hell, i dont ask much cause my car runs fine the way it is and i just got done with an 8 yr project on a 61 vette that i built from milk crates full of parts and U dont want to see the tally on that.
so dont be a legend in your own mind just cause you sunk alot of dough into it, sinking 17k is no small feat but can your wallet keep up and for how long?

I can get you a police push bar off a caprice right now for prolly 100 bucks plus shipping..you want it?

...has nothing to do with being a legend...whatever that means...the explanation was me spelling out for you that after a year tear down and rebuild its pretty unlikely im going to run into things...the things on the side are called smilies or emoticons and i understand their function thanks for the help...in fact thanks for the change of heart and the offer on the bar but ill pass...how did i know you were a vette owner...lol...sincerely yours.

...wow...i count about ten asses and one person with a brain...most of you do need to lighten up a bit...
i hope i was the one with the brain..
if you want the look of the push bumper, but don't want a significant weight penalty, then make it out of aluminum. it would weigh about 10-15 pounds tops.
what i'm looking to do to my T Type will probably make some of the turbo Buick purists- and, well, any other group of muscle car freaks- cringe.. it needs paint, so i'm gonna do like they did in Hot Rod a few months back, and paint it with $20 worth of dark blue Rustoleum from Home Depot that i will apply with a roller.
and if the little V6 ever blows up, i'm gonna build that 94 LT1 i've got out in the barn into a freaky little low budget twin turbo efi 302..

nice build up, ive seen it before and you can be proud of it...and the vette comment yeah thats funny, ive had lots of cars in twenty somthing years that ive sunk gobs of dough into, big deal, so much for my 401K.

i just dont see why building a motor up like that only to add more weight to the car but maybe with 3 25inch woofers in the trunk it will balance it out, i wasnt the one who called you an a$$ for the thread or told you that you find no love here. but i did say post pics after you take out a wall with your new bumper.

you want to make your buick look like a rat rod thats cool
dare to be different

Also you posted this in the tech section...um maybe you should have posted in the looking for parts section? or another?..this section is for people that have real questions with cars that arerunning

like i said you opened yourself up for it..dont call me out for chiming in

...if you didnt participate then no need to defend but we both know different...by the way the car is running drove it yesterday and there isnt enough road for me to even get up past 15lbs of boost...cant drive it today though as there is about 3 inches of snow on the road...

...as far as you not understanding why i would add weight to the car after a performance engine build ...well im beginning to think you fail to understand a lot of things...if i take the car to the track im pretty sure i would take the bumper off ...what a concept...if im just driving on the street i can leave it on as there wont be much need to lose the weight just to wave goodbye to any jacked up corvette with a driver who believes too much in his own wit..../wave.

well i got a buick also but not nearly the amount sunk into it as you have..like i said before this build has got your head swelled and when i want to pull the DZ302 block out of the 61 and put the original one back in and take it to shows i can and its nice knowing that 8 years got me damn near top flight award.

I didnt make any comments on your choice of colors in your engine bay have I?..i could say did your momma get your granimals mixed up when you were a kid?, i could say that is the most butt ugly color i have ever seen in my entire life..but i wont

you want to keep this up or let it die? or you can call me at 810-845-0350

yeah go wings, go ottawa, i also like buffalo, i like hockey and if wings lose i dont stop watching, i go all the way till the end

I don't know about the pushbar (although if you made one custom to match the bumpstrips and such that might turn out kinda cool. As far as the flat black, I got it on one side of my turbo t. Does make it look kinda bad ass with the blackout trim in stock form, in a sioux city, ia sort of way;) . As far as engine colors, I was gonna mix it up too with some cast aluminum paint but beings I'm a broke azz I used some leftover black spray paint I had layin on my shelf. Good for now until I get the car, house, yard, garage, then buy a new car by that time, and then I'll build my dream motor.

Go for it. Hey Buick made almost 50,000 SFI turbo cars so there are plenty to go around and then some. Why aint everybody at the stock car races lambasting the real morons who think of a Regal as this seasons champion? Call around some of the welding shops in your area. Chances are they have a plasma cutter and have done those bars for the cops or the OffRoad truck guys. You could have some custom contoured cut if you make a template from card board. If you do it, it has to be a clean and detailed install. A Buick deserves nothing but the best in workmanship. Many of times I've thought of saving a hot air or parts car by making my own version of a Buick CopCar. Here's a pic of a 9C1 Malibu. Now imagine a 4 door 1981-1984 vintage Regal painted black and white with all of the toys sporting a SFI turbo'd Buick V-6. Sorry I didn't have any pics of a Malibu with a push bar.

Attachments

• Malibu 9C1-14.jpg
    Malibu 9C1-14.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6,345
...ok well i guess i can let it go since you are a fellow hockey fan...now im sure this is going to really open myself up but im a vancouver canucks fan as i was born and mostly raised here ...go canucks go...

...i have put those smoked out headlight and running light clear plastic covers on my car and something about black on flat black that makes a car just look mean...so eventually i will figure how to do that without making it too extreme because these cars are excellent just the way they are...

...maybe the other side of this is that apparently the mayan calendar runs out in 2012 and something drastic is going to change ...i figure once that does anarchy and lawlessness will rule...and that will be ok as long as i have a black as black turbo charged death proof machine to roam around in...so looks like custom fabbing one up might be the ticket one that is easily removed for that extra speed...thanks ...noah.

Came across this thread and nearly blew my captain and ginger out my nose :D:biggrin:

Push bars are to Pit cars in pursuits or push cars off the highway out of the travel lane. Not sure what a push bar is gonna do for you if you run something over other then fuk up ur under side or blow out ur tires.