Anyone ever put a COP bumper bar on their buick???

noahzark

...trying to find a universal type police bumper bars they have on the front of their cars...trying to mad max this car and i need one of those big steel bars on my gn so i can run into/over stuff...anyone know of one that might fit on a G-body without too much modification...thanks in advance...noah.

Yeah, I got that part

I'm just wondering why you'd want to beat up a TR rather than get an actual beater for such a purpose. I guess some people want to live the stereotype.

It's your car, but you're not going to find any love here. :biggrin:

Have you tried contacting your local popo shops? They're surplusing stuff all the time as fleets change out frequently....

How about a railroad tie? insted of your bumper you can get one for about 6 bucks and then after you run into a brick wall please post some pics

put some of those big fake exhaust pipes all staggered coming straight up out of the hood too. jack the back end up as far as it'll go till the springs almost fall out and put 2x4's in place of shocks. that'll be one mean lookin ride. :D

What makes you think you can run "over" stuff with a cop style bumper bar?

There's nothing under the car to protect anything there.

The most you can do is push stuff relatively safely with one. :eek:

Just use a 14" tire up there with some rope and happy bumpercar to ya. :rolleyes:

Don't be retarted on the internet. :p

This has the early makings of a long and amusing thread :biggrin: you guys are cracking me up

and dont forget this

hooptay_doo.jpg

I found a great tow vehicle and this guy looks like he is on the Mad Max track too. Looks tough with that huge blower.

Attachments

• 050605_02.jpg
    050605_02.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3,342
  • Camionul_tanc_Dragon.jpg
    Camionul_tanc_Dragon.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 7,394
if you can find one of the 9C1 Malibu's from the late 70's and early 80's, you might be able to find a push bar that will fit. those are the only G body police cars that i know of.
or maybe a late 70's 9C1 Nova might fit, as well.
no offense to anyone here- but coming to a GN board and asking where to get the parts to do something truly unique to your car is kind of a waste of time. every year, i go to the Car Craft Nats and look at a lineup of 20 identical GN's with identical mods- well, some of them have different wheels- but the cars were built identical, so they are kept more or less identical. so, go all "Mad Max" on your car- don't forget to put a "turbo" button on the shifter- and make sure to park it right next to all the other turbo regals at every car how you take it to. i bet yours gets more looks, and people spend more time looking at it. and i bet you enjoy your car more, too.

if you can find one of the 9C1 Malibu's from the late 70's and early 80's, you might be able to find a push bar that will fit. those are the only G body police cars that i know of.
or maybe a late 70's 9C1 Nova might fit, as well.
no offense to anyone here- but coming to a GN board and asking where to get the parts to do something truly unique to your car is kind of a waste of time. .

Um Noo offence there Derrik but if you read his thread you would see the part where he wants to run into and over things with his new push bar So if he had Omitted that part and just asked for what would work to make it look more like a police cruiser or mad max he might have been pointed in the correct direction and yes after he gets done running into and over lots of stuff, he can park it at any car show and for sure get lots of looks...and laughs