Anyone ever had a house Built before?

gn86randy

No can......can
Am looking at Retirement here in about 4 1/2 years and maybe having a house built for me back in MD somewhere its just me and the Wife and the 2 boys Cracker 7 (Golden Retriever) and Spot 2 is a (Flat Coated Retriever) had a GN in the family since 96........ I'm over here in Hawaii until JUL07 then I have one more Duty Station before Retirement, I'm trying my damdest to get to JITC Indian Head MD, but its not looking to good for the Home Team....MD is my Home and that is where I would like to Retire any and all info you may have on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I relize I have to get the Land 1st then Build.........Thanks again for your Knowledge on the Subject.....r/

If you don't want to go through the worst headache of your life you may want to consider Off Site System Built homes. I am a partner in a dealership that sales them here in NC. There are wonderful things being done with pre fab homes these days. If you are interested you can contact a rep and go to the plant and watch how the homes are built. If you ever see the process, done professionally, you would be sold. Everything is done inside with constant Q&A. The average on site built homes goes through 4-8 months of being exposed to the elements. That in it self is a selling point!

The best part is, if you get with a good dealer he can make your experience a pleasure instead of a nightmare. It is a proven fact that building a home is in the top 5 reasons marriages fell:eek: A good dealer can have you spend an afternoon with him and plan your house, six weeks later you are living in it:biggrin:

Just a thought!

I was in the stick building business for a while, traditional building. It is a dying craft. In decade 75% of homes will be pre fab in some form.

Good luck!

Building your own home can save you about 60% of the cost of buying one just like it !! :cool: I don't believe that takes in the cost of the divorce, psychiatric treatment and lengthy convalescence :eek: :biggrin:

I have built

3 new homes doing my own contracting--1972-1975-1998. Each time my wife and I did more and more of the work ourselfs. The first home was mostly all contracted except for insulation, plumbing and painting. We saved 25% over what the same house cost to have a contractor build. Don't know how the loan companys operate now but on our first home we got a builders loan after that we were able to bypass the loan co. It is not for the faint of heart--mucho planning and scheduling must be done as well doing your own labor. A GOOD woman is a real asset. I know in Indiana the permits are many and costly. One of the thing your builder will do if you go that route. Best of luck.

Am looking at Retirement here in about 4 1/2 years and maybe having a house built for me back in MD somewhere its just me and the Wife and the 2 boys Cracker 7 (Golden Retriever) and Spot 2 is a (Flat Coated Retriever) had a GN in the family since 96........ I'm over here in Hawaii until JUL07 then I have one more Duty Station before Retirement, I'm trying my damdest to get to JITC Indian Head MD, but its not looking to good for the Home Team....MD is my Home and that is where I would like to Retire any and all info you may have on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I relize I have to get the Land 1st then Build.........Thanks again for your Knowledge on the Subject.....r/

Randy I forgot what part of Md. you were from but you may want to visit before you build. Md. has changed alot around Baltimore in the last 10 years,I'll leave it at that.
I still have alot of contractor friends from when I was a contractor in Md. A bud of Mine (electrical contractor) stopped up yesterday to see me.
My Next house I will be buying from SGRIM !!!

We have built 2 homes in the last 6 years and I sure have learned a pantload.It is very important to stay involved in the process while the home is being constructed especially if it's all being handled by a builder.Stop by the build site as much as you can,get to know the framers,drywallers, plumbers etc.A Friday afternoon case of beer for the guys won't hurt either.Be a presence there and things will go much smoother believe me......

Thank's

SGRIM any pictures of say a 3 or 4 bdrm 2 story around 2400sf must go upstairs to roost (SLEEP) and Brian I am looking up Frederick Way that is where most of my Family is Thurmont/Walkersville/Keymar that area, I have been looking alot into buying a lot and the PREFAB is sounding pretty good WALMART Greeter is calling my Name after 20yrs as an RM/IT in the Navy..........Linda ia defiantely a good woman so no issues their I just cannot believe the prices of land these days......its unbelievable.......thanks again for your insights on this matter and SGRIM I will be in touch when the time rolls around thats what I like most about our Car's no matter what is asked on this board one of our TB Brothers have the knowledge..........:cool:

Defiantely Liking Modular Homes

Alot of Great looking homes Inside and Out so whats the Catch with these? Or is it like a Car Manufacturer MASS Produced so that is how they can bring down the Prices?

My Next house I will be buying from SGRIM !!!

Yes Sir:biggrin:

SGRIM any pictures of say a 3 or 4 bdrm 2 story around 2400sf must go upstairs to roost (SLEEP) :

Check these out!

Modular homes by Carolina Building Solutions
This is our main line of homes! I am pretty sure this is the same company that Dale Jr bought his mod from. There plant is just miles from his home!

Mod-u-kraf modular homes with standard home plans, custom built homes, multi-family, special projects and accessible Mod-u-kraft housing.

This is a line that can be sent up North. They are nice homes! These homes have very high energy efficiency ratings!
Check with people in Fl. there are many neighborhoods that every home was destroyed but the Off Site built homes during the last decade of increased hurricane activity.

I just had one built. I just got finished the other day. I did the whole thing online. I won't even see it until March.

Attachments

• another from the street.jpg
    another from the street.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 154