Anyone ever eat at 5 Guys burgers?

I tried them once after people telling me how awesome they were.

I waited almost 25 minutes to get my order and almost walked out after filling up on free peanuts. The fries were a soggy mess that came in a brown lunch bag. The burger was OK.....it reminded me how a Wendy's burger used to be.
The cost was on the high side for "fast food" (using the term loosely).

Would I go back, dunno. If I'm in a rush to get something quick I'll choose the other places.

Burgers are OK and overpriced. Their Cajun fries rock!!! I guess they are expensive because they don't buy frozen meat. Everything is fresh.

To me they're OK but I'm not a fast food person, I'd rather starve than eat fast food. About 30 minutes after you eat a burger, you'll be heading for the toilet.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That way you don't gain weight. Kind of like the Taco Bell Drive through diet.

If any of you ever go through Owensboro Kentucky, stop at The Big Dipper.
It's a joint next to the Moonlight BBQ place. Been there for like 40 years or more. Awesome burgers and other stuff.

2829859956_004759fe0f.jpg

overpriced? pffft, you guys are as cheap with food as you are in the parts for sale forum i see!!

wtf,
when we eat there, we get 2x little cheeseburgers, split a fry, get drinks and it's like 15$, how cheap can you be for 100% fresh food!?!?!

i've found the fries can be hit or miss, since they opened one close to me and have been eating there often, on a good day they are a 10 though!! and the burgers are AMAZING, and FWIW, i don't and can't eat any of the other burger places, save for maybe white castle on occasion.
five guys rocks!!

PS
and it's all about the toppings i think, the first time i tried it, i got hardly anything on it and no fries, and wasn't that impressed.

second time i got like everything on it, and caught the cajun fries on a good day and i was ****ing hooked!

Five Guys Rock!
Maybe I am a a little jaded... (Five Guys is based out of my town) But they consistently serve up some great burgers. Never been dissappointed. Price is higher than I'd like to pay, but heck, what isn't in the Washington DC area?

OVERPRICED! For what you get. Very average burger. Very average fries. I ate at the one downtown/west end Nashville. I think with a coke, my double burger with fires was over 10 bucks. I'd rather go for a double quarter pounder value meal number 4 at Micky Dee's. $6.00 out the door. Hell, The Mick still rocks out a good burger. Location does matter. Some are fresher than others.

X2. Went there once, spent too much money. There are way better options around here for a good burger and better fries no doubt and you won't pay as much. I'll NEVER go back.

five guys is a lil expensive but the food was awesome they give you a crapload of fries im 280 lbs and i was full when i left..If you dont mind spendin a few bucks youll like i think...

I had lunch there last week, decent food, not great for the price. Go to TJ's on Northeastern Blvd and get the steak tip sub for the same money. Much better without the grease.:biggrin:

TJs is good! My wife works right down the street from them.

No In and Out burgers around here, I wish there was. I look forward to them every time I go to California.

the best burgers, the worst fries... and if you get jalapenos on your burger, prepare to sweat, the are dehydrated, so they steal you saliva and kick you in the nuts.

There is one in Ft.Lauderdale (or maybe Miami)...Great burgers and home made fries! :wink:

Claude. :)

Claude, if you're in Fort Lauderdale you should really try Jack's Old Fashion Hamburger House. Best burgers in South Florida IMO, I really miss that place now that I moved up to North Florida.:(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecc0nbg9m-8[/YOUTUBE]

There is a new one a mile away from me.

I will HAVE to try the "spicy fries"

I am not expecting much from the comments, lol ... but I HAVE to try it now ;)

ps. whats this FAST FOOD talk? The one up the road is in a supermarket store ( like a haircut place would be ) ... FAST FOOD = drive thru window IMO ---

I went there (5 guys) when I went to visit in Florida... It was good not great...

I prefer In and Out Burgers (CA)

or even better Juicy Lucy's or Checkers in (FL)- I think they're all gone now I haven't seen one in a while... Real heart attack in a bun...But very tasty:p

OK I tried 5 Guys!

Place was packed, Food was cooked promptly, Bathrooms clean, tables clean. A little noisey.

You guys are right takes a little getting use to the peanut oil fries.

The Burgers remind me of when I was a KID & everything was cooked to order. I did like it. I wish I got the double patti.

And the FREE PEANUTS wer GREAT. I stuffed everypocket I had with them.