anyone else use SBC Yahoo ADSL??

eiuskoalman

anybody else out there using SBC yahoo adsl?? if so check out this speed test and let me know what you're running. take test #45 (McAfee). i'm not too impressed with my speeds.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/Bandwidth.htm

oh, by the way, this link was stolen from another speed test thread if you're wondering. also, i'd like to be able to utilize the web space that comes with this service but am not sure how to do so. if you're using yours please hold my hand and fill me in on how to do so.

here are my speed results

File Size: 150.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 3.85 seconds

311.68 Kbps
(38.96 KBps)

317.84 here. SBC would only sell me the 384/128 package because of my location distance to the Substation or whatever you call it. Try dslreports.com. Go to forums and find the ameritech/sbc category. they have a link to ameritechs speed test as well as other useful information.

File Size: 600.005 KB
Time Elapsed: 3.814 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.229 Mbps
(157.32 KBps)

I love my SBC stuff - I recommend it to everyone in my area.

Someone may even be borrowing my wireless at this time (neighbors... ;) )

But, I did the test anyway. I usually get 1200 at the office DSL.

File Size: 1.4648 MB
Time Elapsed: 7 seconds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.674 Mbps
(214.29 KBps)

Not too shabby for $29.95

I also got 317 at 3.7 sec.

I have had SBC for almost 4 years now and have had almost no problem at all with them. They beat the heck out of my last ISP provider who was down a lot and always telling me it was my computer.

Take Care

File Size: 2.9297 MB
Time Elapsed: 19 seconds

1.234 Mbps
(157.89 KBps)

Don't know if this is good or not? SBC, have had DSL since it came out a few years ago.

any of you guys using the web space with your subscription? if so i'd like to know how to utilize mine. any help appreciated. aaron

this is just sick.

Your download speed : 40284 bps, or 40 kbps.
A 4.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 3727865 bps, or 3727 kbps.

at work. I really wonder where all of that downstream went. One mother of an upstream though.

At home I've gotten as much as 7 megabits of downstream on cable modem. Getting pretty close to the limits of 10baseT. That was on roadrunner.