Anyone else had enough of the way cops are being treated these days

Sure did wear the costume and I sure have put it on my resume. I have no problem taking money from people who are willing to pay me based upon whatever they perceive as valuable. If they think my time in the Corps is a valuable asset to them, and I agree to the terms under which they want to employ me, then that's between me and them. That's aside from the fact that what I did is directly applicable to something that gets done outside of the military. A lot of people go to school to do what I did.

And if you think Marines are used as tools for big business, you're absolutely right, but what do you think cops do? Who do you think pays for all of the convoluted laws that the police enforce?
Goodness, you have your head in a hole if even as a car guy you don't see it. Here in CA one of the many masters the Police work for are the companies that made up SEMA around 1986 (edelbrock, Mr. Gasket, etc) when they greased some palms at the California Air Resources Board to make the E.O. program. Just like that, they eliminated the competition that couldn't afford the tens of thousands of dollars in entry fees required. Fast forward to today, and I can't tell you the number of friends who have been pulled over, coerced into warrantless searches for "illegal modifications" and given tickets for having parts from companies that didn't pay their tithe to the government. Vic Edelbrock ought to pat all of those cops on the back and I bet he gives them thumbs up as he's laughing his way to the bank.
And that's just cars, let's not even get into thousands of other things for which the police are paid enforcers for big business. Sometimes you don't even need a thing as in the case for private prisons that have an incentive to lobby for stricter laws that put people in jail. The cops work for those rich leeches as well.

Anyway, I'm sure they are all appreciative of your support of the Police. It helps their bottom line.

Oh and I have no idea what you mean by the line about fat paychecks and fat pensions (don't forget fat bellies)
There is a lot of fat to go around in PDs.
So the Marine Corps is only good when it makes you money. Integrity....that should be your middle name. ;)

We all work for the rich my friend but unlike you, I don't equate invading a sovereign country and killing its people with cops writing tickets.

Guess what, they did away with that new policy from back in the 90s not long after it started and once again there's a maximum age you can be to become a cop...at least here in liberal old NY. Go figure....even liberals don't think geriatrics can/should do the job. There's also a mandatory retirement age. Oh my.....what will the courts say about that. Plus I don't know what the hell was going on in Connecticut but here in NY, the higher your score on the entrance exam....the better your chances of being hired. Most jobs even require at least 2 years of college.

Well in that case I hope the drunk guy tells his insurance company that you were the one who was drunk. LMAO Man, you're something else. Do you even have a driver's license or are you one of those sovereign citizen movement nut jobs?

Blah, blah, blah....more BS and no answer. Just like when I asked you what YOUR motivation was for wanting to be a Marine. ;) You have zero knowledge of what it's like and what it takes to be a cop. About as much as you have of being a Marine.....cause you quit. You've already admitted as much....

It doesn't matter to me what his mental or physical state is, I only care about damage caused to my property. You sound like the kind of person that would damage a person's property and then blame it on them for being drunk/high/whatever. No integrity. Whoever is at fault for the actual damage is the person that is liable, regardless of whatever reason it was that caused it. To someone like you running a red light and killing someone is somehow less bad if you aren't drunk. The end result is the same, you killed someone, and it's your fault. Lying isn't exclusive to being drunk either, so while I would expect you to lie, not everyone would. Nor would every sober person tell the truth.

And you got me, I quit. Apparently that's how an enlistment contract works.

Last edited:
Yep I was the potato peeler. At least I can sleep with a clear conscience which I wouldn't be able to do if I was a police officer. Like I said, you have to be sick to your core to enjoy ruining lives every day.

Only an anti gun lefty would conflate being heavily armed with being heavily violent. There are many many more places that are far more violent than the U.S. and it's not relevant to how many guns they have or how many gun laws they have. Not surprised that you are anti gun though, cops want a monopoly on lethal force. This is why the founders knew that the only way to maintain freedom was if our populace was armed. As egomaniacal as you are, it's one of the only things keeping you in check.

As far as heavy situations go, I see more gear on swat team guys going to bust a pothead than I ever even had as a Marine and still even more than the Grunts had out on patrol. And while a Marine's back is covered, he's held to a higher standard than American Police in that Marines go to prison when they kill the wrong people. That essentially never happens for Police officers.

I'm neither disillusioned nor "oohrah" about my service. It was just a period of my life. It does not define me like your costume defines you. And I have to disagree with you, the biggest cowards need costumes. That gives them something to hide behind.

A man fighting for what he believes in needs no validation in the form of fancy clothing, ribbons, or medals.
Buuuzzzzzzz.....fries are done. :D Ummm...actually I think my bosses feel sick cause I don't ruin enough lives for their liking. ;)

Oh yeah....cause we're not a violent nation. Nowhere near as violent as your neighbors to the South but then again....they actually DO have a corrupt police and military force. Funny how that works huh?!? Wasn't it a former General and President who said beware of the Military Industrial complex? Funny how he didn't mention the police.... That's who you, Mr. Marine, should be weary of. ;)

That's cause you don't need all that gear for peelin... LMAO The military is held to a higher standard? HA! Let's compare civilian casualties between the military and the police and then lets talk about accountability.

OIC....so "hiding behind" that Marine "costume" was just a phase. That's nice....coward. ;)

Who are you kidding, you define YOURSELF as a Marine every time you list it on your resume. So I say to you....once a coward, always a coward.

Maybe I was wrong about you being a potato peeler. Maybe you were a ditch digger....cause you sure seem to be real good at digging some deep holes for yourself.....

It doesn't matter to me what his mental or physical state is, I only care about damage caused to my property. You sound like the kind of person that would damage a person's property and then blame it on them for being drunk/high/whatever. No integrity. Who ever is at fault for the actual damage is the person that is liable, regardless of whatever reason it was that caused it. To someone like you running a red light and killing someone is somehow less bad if you aren't drunk. The end result is the same, you killed someone, and it's your fault. Lying isn't exclusive to being drunk either, so while I would expect you to lie, not everyone would. Nor would every sober person tell the truth.

And you got me, I quit. Apparently that's how an enlistment contract works.

This coming from the guy who thinks killing someone is the same as writing a ticket. LMAO Yeah bro, we're both workin for the man....wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

So the Marine Corps is only good when it makes you money. Integrity....that should be your middle name. ;)

We all work for the rich my friend but unlike you, I don't equate invading a sovereign country and killing its people with cops writing tickets.

There's a big difference between working for people whose business strategy consists of innovation and outsmarting the competition without the help of government, and working as someone who is paid to do violence on their behalf in lieu of fair innovation and competition.

You get paid to be an enforcer, you create nothing of value, and your value as a service is a small part of what you do and largely offset by the damage you cause by "just following orders". When an engineer works for a rich person, at least something of tangible value comes out of it, whether it's a car, a refrigerator, or the computer you are using. What do you create?
Buuuzzzzzzz.....fries are done. :D Ummm...actually I think my bosses feel sick cause I don't ruin enough lives for their liking. ;)

Oh yeah....cause we're not a violent nation. Nowhere near as violent as your neighbors to the South but then again....they actually DO have a corrupt police and military force. Funny how that works huh?!? Wasn't it a former General and President who said beware of the Military Industrial complex? Funny how he didn't mention the police.... That's who you, Mr. Marine, should be weary of. ;)

That's cause you don't need all that gear for peelin... LMAO The military is held to a higher standard? HA! Let's compare civilian casualties between the military and the police and then lets talk about accountability.

OIC....so "hiding behind" that Marine "costume" was just a phase. That's nice....coward. ;)

Who are you kidding, you define YOURSELF as a Marine every time you list it on your resume. So I say to you....once a coward, always a coward.

Maybe I was wrong about you being a potato peeler. Maybe you were a ditch digger....cause you sure seem to be real good at digging some deep holes for yourself.....

And this is what terrifies me about the Police. People with this level of maturity and intellect are somehow entrusted with firearms. They are then turned loose on our streets with no supervision.
This is exactly why educated people don't associate with police and indeed avoid them. This is especially true for people with integrity that have seen behind the curtain. I unfortunately have even less respect for the modern institution precisely for this reason. I happen to know a lot about what goes on behind the scenes.

Thankfully, people are waking up, and I'm cautiously optimistic that your days of being intoxicated with power are coming to an end.

I Remember driving to a concert with 3 friends a few years back. One of them was a cop. At one point during the one hour drive the cop friend starts bitching about how his department is making cut backs on overtime because there isn’t enough money. He then states how he and everyone in his department are going to start giving out more tickets. His words were something like this “I’m giving every old lady I pull over a ticket weather they deserve it or not, ” I told him straight out. You’re all the same, over paid and do nothing.

From that day forth, I only see him, when I see him.

Also a few years ago i was pulled over for speeding. The cop asks for license and registration then says “I smell smoke you been smoking?”
yes I just had a cigarette. no marihuana. no officer i don’t smoke that. I smell alcohol you been drinking. no officer i have not.

Now mind you. I neither smoked weed nor drank and booze that day. Now, if I were to get caught lying to him . . .

These are the type of things that leave some of us feeling the way we feel towards cops.

And another thing. Pablo is correct when he says the police are a gang. If a cop gets shot like those troopers did, they send out 1000 cops to catch the killer. but if a friend or relative of mine were to get shot and killed, i wonder how many men in blue would search for the killer?

My friends and family mean a lot more to me than two troopers do. I would like the same support.

But no, we the people will never get that. congratulations on serving and protecting each other.

D

D

Come on bro! You're friend is typical of a small percentage of cops! I know many that do not think that way!!! You are entitled to your opinions, but theres many good hard working fair police officers out there that do want to help people in need, and catch criminals. Those troopers also had families and kids alike, just like you do I'm sure. What happened to them was a specific terrorist attack. They were murdered when they walked out of their barracks!

What's an MP? Is that the guy who opens and closes the front gate at the base? Much IQ needed for that job.
I'm highly offended by that statement. My father was a retired Army Major and an MP. He joined the service before WWII. He was at the first US prison for Japanese prisoners on New Caladonia. He was stationed in Washington state and worked on the Manhattan project. He was at Palo Alto continuing on the Nuclear Weapons. He carried the detonation orders handcuffed to his wrist from Palo Alto to Hawaii. He was the last person off the island of Eniwetok before it was blown up in an nuclear test. At the bomb test he, along with hundreds of soldiers and sailors were told to turn their backs to the blast that was 10 miles away. They blew a whistle and they had to turn around and look at it with welding googles on. He said it was the most terrifying thing he ever saw. He served in Korea for 2 years. He was also a Provost Marshall in Baumholder Germany. HE WAS AWARDED THE BRONZE STAR. He died of brain cancer that was probably caused by viewing the nuclear explosion.

I have one nephew that is a Captain in the Marines and another that is a Boston cop that is in the gang unit. My brother in law is a retired Sheriff from Chicago.
What's you're back round before you were a cop?

Last edited:
They were murdered when they walked out of their barracks!

As most people are murdered. When said person least suspects it they are shot. For whatever reason it may be.

Why do we not deserve the same 1000 officers per murder in this country?

D

I'm not saying you said that.

I'm just posing a question.

So how are we the people supposed to feel when atrocities against our loved ones are put on the back burner because there isn't enough man power but when it happens to a cop it's a priority and 1000 cops join the hunt?

That Douchebag could have missed both troopers and the turnout would have been the same.

If it happens to us any one of those 1000 cops would have us fill out a report and MAYBE, maybe we'd here back.
Because they're too busy.

So, shouldn't we be jade?

D

There's a big difference between working for people whose business strategy consists of innovation and outsmarting the competition without the help of government, and working as someone who is paid to do violence on their behalf in lieu of fair innovation and competition.

You get paid to be an enforcer, you create nothing of value, and your value as a service is a small part of what you do and largely offset by the damage you cause by "just following orders". When an engineer works for a rich person, at least something of tangible value comes out of it, whether it's a car, a refrigerator, or the computer you are using. What do you create?

And this is what terrifies me about the Police. People with this level of maturity and intellect are somehow entrusted with firearms. They are then turned loose on our streets with no supervision.
This is exactly why educated people don't associate with police and indeed avoid them. This is especially true for people with integrity that have seen behind the curtain. I unfortunately have even less respect for the modern institution precisely for this reason. I happen to know a lot about what goes on behind the scenes.

Thankfully, people are waking up, and I'm cautiously optimistic that your days of being intoxicated with power are coming to an end.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that Mr. Marine. You could just as easily have gone to school to garner the knowledge you possess...but you wanted, no wait.....you NEEDED, to prove to daddy and yourself that you had balls. ;)

Someone has to try and maintain law and order in this country. I doubt many would prefer the military be tasked with this mission instead of the police. ;) Service is actually the biggest part of my job and many times when citizens CALL UP and REQUEST my service, the job at hand also requires some sort of enforcement. People call and expect the police to solve their problems for them. We are not magicians but we do the best we can to help them under the circumstances. Circumstances where often times we're only getting half the story, half truths, straight up lies....and this is just from the person calling for help, let alone the person or situation their calling in regards to. We have to filter through the BS and come up with a solution.

Levity.....an important part of my job. Give that some thought and see if you can understand why some levity is important when dealing with a stressful job.... Mr High IQ. And whatcha talkin bout no supervision man.....didn't you know everyone pays my salary and can tell me what to do? :D

My brother, 1440 on the old way they scored the SATs, invited by the govt to the Naval Academy, MS in EE, name's on a few patents....has been friends with some of my older co-workers since before I even fathomed taking the cop test. Guess he's just not intelligent enough to know better. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh you've seen behind the curtain. Good, that probably means you have a better understanding of why MANAGEMENT makes the kind of decisions that leaves us street cops shaking our heads.

Yup, I'm obviously intoxicated with power....ya got me. LMAO

I Gotcha Evil! I totally see your side of things as well. All I can comment on is how my department and myself handle things! I work for a very pro-community policing dept with a detectives that are very active with the community as well. I cant speak for all departments and I know there are many with a disconnect with regards to that. Hopefully things will improve in the future going forward.

I Remember driving to a concert with 3 friends a few years back. One of them was a cop. At one point during the one hour drive the cop friend starts bitching about how his department is making cut backs on overtime because there isn’t enough money. He then states how he and everyone in his department are going to start giving out more tickets. His words were something like this “I’m giving every old lady I pull over a ticket weather they deserve it or not, ” I told him straight out. You’re all the same, over paid and do nothing.

From that day forth, I only see him, when I see him.

Also a few years ago i was pulled over for speeding. The cop asks for license and registration then says “I smell smoke you been smoking?”
yes I just had a cigarette. no marihuana. no officer i don’t smoke that. I smell alcohol you been drinking. no officer i have not.

Now mind you. I neither smoked weed nor drank and booze that day. Now, if I were to get caught lying to him . . .

These are the type of things that leave some of us feeling the way we feel towards cops.

And another thing. Pablo is correct when he says the police are a gang. If a cop gets shot like those troopers did, they send out 1000 cops to catch the killer. but if a friend or relative of mine were to get shot and killed, i wonder how many men in blue would search for the killer?

My friends and family mean a lot more to me than two troopers do. I would like the same support.

But no, we the people will never get that. congratulations on serving and protecting each other.

D

D
Ohhhh you and you're cute and heartwarming stories. :D

You want to know the reason for that manhunt? TO CATCH A KILLER WHO MORE THAN LIKELY WILL DO IT AGAIN IF HE'S NOT STOPPED ASAP. TO SEND OUT A CLEAR MESSAGE TO THE RETARDS OUT THERE WHO WERE ROOTING FOR THAT PUSSY.

Hope that clears it up for ya. :)

To rotti54

If your police force is the way you say it is, then I salute you.

As for things improving in the future, history has proven otherwise.

Nothing will change.

The uncooperative scum will jade the police and the police will treat us all the same and we in turn will be jaded. It's the way of the world.

D

I'm highly offended by that statement. My father was a retired Army Major and an MP. He joined the service before WWII. He was at the first US prison for Japanese prisoners on New Caladonia. He was stationed in Washington state and worked on the Manhattan project. He was at Palo Alto continuing on the Nuclear Weapons. He carried the detonation orders handcuffed to his wrist from Palo Alto to Hawaii. He was the last person off the island of Eniwetok before it was blown up in an nuclear test. At the bomb test he, along with hundreds of soldiers and sailors were told to turn their backs to the blast that was 10 miles away. They blew a whistle and they had to turn around and look at it with welding googles on. He said it was the most terrifying thing he ever saw. He served in Korea for 2 years. He was also a Provost Marshall in Baumholder Germany. HE WAS AWARDED THE BRONZE STAR. He died of brain cancer that was probably caused by viewing the nuclear explosion.

I have one nephew that is a Captain in the Marines and another that is a Boston cop that is in the gang unit. My brother in law is a retired Sheriff from Chicago.
What's you're back round before you were a cop?
Keep your shirt on...Mr Marine wanted to talk shit so I obliged.

Ohhhh you and you're cute and heartwarming stories. :D

You want to know the reason for that manhunt? TO CATCH A KILLER WHO MORE THAN LIKELY WILL DO IT AGAIN IF HE'S NOT STOPPED ASAP. TO SEND OUT A CLEAR MESSAGE TO THE RETARDS OUT THERE WHO WERE ROOTING FOR THAT PUSSY.

Hope that clears it up for ya. :)

You are an idiot.
Stay away from me

D

Hope you're wrong bud :). Like I said I work for a small dept, my superiors ensure everything is done by the book. That I can say with confidence and the fellas I work with are stand up dudes. I hope things improve, just gotta have faith I guess.