Anyone BMX or used to BMX?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1386028407.483863.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1386028453.728034.jpg

Second bike I found while driving home in the trash about a year ago just needed tires and a good cleaning

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I raced, I was actually 2nd in the nation in the NBL for a short while in the 16 and over Novice class. I think I was riding an Auburn with dk stem, elf 7 piece bars, profile 3 piece cranks and crupi high flange hubs. Then I started trail riding and got onto a S&M Holmes with S&M pitchforks, redneck stem, slam bars profile cranks, perigrine hp 48 spoke hubs/wheels. I was fortunate to live near the famous trails in Pittsburgh called PUSH. Lots of good times and bad injuries. No wonder I can't get out bed at 32.

Love BMX, got back into it after I sold my Limited. First two are my current bikes I don't ever plan on getting rid of. S
ome others I've had after that, I like to build, buy, and sell them as much as ride them.

Need to quit messing with bikes so much so I can really get going on the TTA :D
IMG_0925_zps1c4487fb.jpg

image_zps0b1a8fc7.jpg

sdc14505_blowup.jpg

img_1010_copy4_blowup.jpg

sdc16446_blowup.jpg

sdc17187_blowup.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

My mongoose. My brother had a red twin to it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Wow, this thread brings back fond memories...
I used to have a Red Line Pro-Line as well...Red Line Cranks, Z-Rims, BullsEye Hubs...forget the other parts it's been that long!
Then the last bike I had before getting a car was a Mongoose Pro-Class..only thing different from the Red Line was the cranks...went to Flight somethings???
Maybe I can dig up an old photo and post....

The old school bike that commands big money is the Hutch Trickstar followed by the Haro Master. I think that I hate more trying to buy parts to put the Hutch back together than my extra stage 2 motor. My Hutch number plate cost more than my used LA Billet crank. Really? I want one of the old Schwinn's with the banana seat and the gear handle between your legs. I have seen them around the $1800 and up mark all original. On my list also is the Stu Thomsen Huffy with the white Z rims, front brakes and coaster rear, the very first BMX that I had ever wanted. When I finally had the $ saved up ($129) they (Lionel Toy Warehouse) were sold out.

I had a Haro Master Freestyle. I gave it to my moms neighbor. It was his first bmx bike. I wonder if he still has it?

I just happened across this thread. Good stuff. If you noticed my avatar you could probably tell I'm in to old BMX. For me I was into it from the very early 80s up until I got my license in 88. Even then I carried around my 86 Redline RL-20 II in the trunk for about a year. Then in the early 2000's I looked into selling my old bike. I got hooked on the vintage scene and have been ever since. It sure is a hell of a lot cheaper than building cars and it's a hell of a lot of fun. I've met a lot of cool people going to rides, shows & whatnot. Here's the latest pic of my garage. 2 black 86's...
24709784641_0818a9fa48_b.jpg

Skyway-TA-chr-blu-540.jpg

I had redline flight 180 crank, bulls eye hubs, my older brother made sure I had the best of everything, how he got it, I don't wanna know lol.

got a Hutch Pro Star for my 13th birthday.... pics at parents house tho. man that was like getting a Grand National for my 16th birthday lol

got a Hutch Pro Star for my 13th birthday.... pics at parents house tho. man that was like getting a Grand National for my 16th birthday lol

Bet you wished you held on to that one!
A complete Pro Star will easily pull $6K these days.
The Aerospeed cranks alone sell for $3,000 and up.

believe me I know admit! those dam pedals left me with permanent scars on my shins tho lol

had a Zeronine too. it was badass. had Hutch pedals, crank and hubs. had a Skyway for the half-pipe we had in my buddies back yard. it was freakn big to! but he broke his leg in two places attempting a can-can by himself. that was the end of out freestyle days unfortunately. best times in my life hands down!

Bet you wished you held on to that one!
A complete Pro Star will easily pull $6K these days.
The Aerospeed cranks alone sell for $3,000 and up.

believe me I know admit! those dam pedals left me with permanent scars on my shins tho lol

had a Zeronine too. it was badass. had Hutch pedals, crank and hubs. had a Skyway for the half-pipe we had in my buddies back yard. it was freakn big to! but he broke his leg in two places attempting a can-can by himself. that was the end of out freestyle days unfortunately. best times in my life hands down!
The round Hutch bear trap pedals.. I remember tho's..they were vicious.

I grew up Bmx riding.. 78-84 great times indeed.. Mike Buff, RL Osborn, Bob Haro were the Kings back then..

Stu Thompson days and the Redline!! Redline cranks, BullsEye hubs and the Z-rims. don't go airbourne any more but still hitting the dirt trails on the 29" KHS.

I used to BMX ride all the time back in the day. I had a Hutch freestyler. Lite as hell. But some dink stole it out my my garage when I was in high school. The older you get the less you like falling and hurting yourself, so I have opted for a mountain bike and the trails now. But I can still bunny hop a trash can laying on it's side. lol

My son and my brother had a Haro Master built for me after mine was stolen out of storage. They gave it to me on Xmas about 2 years ago and it brought a tear to my eyes. I will post pics later. The one that was stolen was a half white and chrome 85 Master with the fold down fork pegs, GT hammer stem, Skyway EZ trick bars, ACS lockable brake levers, I would switch between the Mongoose Pro Class III rims ( with the blue strips) and grey Skyway tuff wheels II's.

A few differences from my original Master but I couldn't thank them enough for the effort that they put in it.

Nice!
The retro scene is in full swing with the old manufacturers. Haro is making almost exact replicas of the 1986 frames this year. SE, Skyway, GT have all made 80s retro framesets and complete bikes. http://planetbmx.com/shop/