Anybody using Full Throttle Speed front cover???

cabech984

Im looking at replacing my front cover and waterpump this winter due to some minor leakage and its 20 years old(cover at least). Id like to hear some opinions on the Full throttle speed cover and high flow waterpump. The luck I have with this engine leaking, I think its LQ9 6.0L V8 time:eek:

Im looking at replacing my front cover and waterpump this winter due to some minor leakage and its 20 years old(cover at least). Id like to hear some opinions on the Full throttle speed cover and high flow waterpump. The luck I have with this engine leaking, I think its LQ9 6.0L V8 time:eek:

ALL of the aftermarket timeing covers are JUNK. I have recieved a few timing covers from FT. The one that I purchased for my car had one of the oil passages completely blocked. I didn't care, as I always port the oil passages, anyway. IF you are careful about the set-up of the timing cover, and you check the oil pump to cam sensor alignment BEFORE you do ANYTHING, they can be made to work fine. It takes me about 3-5 hours to make a timing cover work right. (2-4 hours with a OEM cover). Half of the battle is setting up the oil pump clearances. The aftermarket timing covers usually have TOO much pump gear thrust clearance for my liking. (I shoot for .0005"-.0015", that's why it takes me so long to get a timing cover set-up.);)

F that!!! Ill just replace the gaskets lol! I aint touching my oil pump either, Its set up and getting 40psi cold and 18-20 hot idle, Im happy with that and dont know about any pump spacing:eek:

I have one as well. Required quite a few mods to flow properley, had a hairline crack on the top of the oil housing (thank you jb weld) and now it refuses to seal on the oil pump mating surface. Engine will be coming out I guess to fix it.:rolleyes:

I have one as well. Required quite a few mods to flow properley, had a hairline crack on the top of the oil housing (thank you jb weld) and now it refuses to seal on the oil pump mating surface. Engine will be coming out I guess to fix it.:rolleyes:

Why didn't you just send it back? That sounds like a lot of work..

I use a DLS front cover. He prepped the cover with his "tricks" first. Then using his external oil pump kit is the perfect match!

It happened on different ocasions. The hairline crack showed itself and sprayed oil all over the windshield and my new passenger side brakes. The mting problem was after the stroker build. The casting is very thin near the oil pickup rectangle hole. Winter project I guess.

I bought one from full throttle....

THe description says that the pump comes with the gears already installed and set up, making you think it is built in and go....

well that certainly wasnt the case.... i had a local buick expert modified the peice to his specs.