Anybody running a TA-33 liquid cooled turbo?

S

Stephen Soulsby

I'm in the process of installing my motor and transmission in my '84 T-Type. I replaced the tired stock turbo with a liquid cooled TA-33. My question is what is the best way to hook up the cooling lines. I have two 5/8" heater hose fittings on the turbo. I would like to avoid using the heater inlet line because water will only flow when the heater control valve is open. It's been two months since I first pulled and disassembled the motor. There is a fitting coming out of the bottom of the compressor housing on the turbo. I have forgotten how it hooks up. I believe it was a water line. Any help or photos greatly appreciated.

Good someone else has a hot air in MD ,do you race at capital race way or not a racer.

85 gn
cone filter
flowmaster ex
adj reg
307 pump
40lb red stripe
sperco intercooler
87 ecm
JOE L 93- 110 chips
ported headers
ta-33 turbo
LT1 springs
but not running

I tok it to Budd's Creek a couple months ago but was too embarrassed to stay for eliminations. I ran a 16.01:eek: That was with a 252. But the turbo was going and my trans was slipping and threw a governor spring at the track.

Quick question. Can you just run the turbo without the coolant lines hooked up? It still has the oil line like the stock turbo.

Take the two lines off the throttle body, and hook them up to the turbo. you will have to go to the hardware store to get adapters to accept the smaller hose. Those lines flow all the time, and you don't want them on your throttle body. Good luck. Later....Danny