Anybody run a E55 AMG yet?

are_one

I got man handled by one of these last week. Luckily I wasn't in the GN, but sadly I was on my R1. :( Im rolling along unsuspectingly in 4th @ about 70mph when this mercedes blows by me at like 100. I kick it down to 3rd, but try as I might he keeps pulling away. I pull up next to him at the light and see that its an AMG (1st time I've ever heard of one). So I go to race him on green thinking I'll be able to crush him but he got me out the hole and kept going. I did some research on these cars and they are official, so be careful. Supercharged V8s w/ 400+hp

You have an R1 and you got beat by a 400 hp car?! Dude, you should be able to take all but the fastest cars with that. Don't they run 10's stock? My buddy has one in the nines for christs sake, and its almost stock! Not trying to bash you here, but it would take a fast a$$ car to beat that bike. I raced one of those AMG benzs in my Lightning and got him. My lightning is slooow. If he really did beat you, he was packin' a lot of ponies, or your bikes messed up.

not to flame on anyone but there is something wrong with your bike or its the rider...and the dude with the "slow" lightning that beat a e55amg...i'd like to see that.

I'm not 100% sure it was an e55 or whatever. It had the amg badges on it. It was a smaller 2 seater, looked fast, had nice 17 or 18 inch wheels with the amg logos and big brakes. Mercedes aren't known for wicked launches, their power usually comes in up high. It was a very short race, I'm sure he would have caught me and passed me at some point, but we were in town, not like a full 1/4 mile or anything. Either way, that bike shoulda spanked him.

I posted A story a few weeks back on here about losing to a E-55 AMG...A new one(Just adding that because any other years would be a 13sec car at best).A guy brings one to RacewayPArk every now and then...I saw the car go 12.40@113,When He still had the temp tag in the window and a full tank of gas!!!!:eek: ..

I have a video of a New E-55 running A new cobra that has a Pulley,Chip,Exhaust.And Drag Radials..Put out 452 to the rear wheels on the Dyno..(Or so they Say..)..

If someone can host the video I will send it to them...It is 10.5MB....But a cool Video....:D

I think your R1 should of killed Him up top.....
The 2 Seater Amg isnt an E-55...Believe me...You will know if you run across one...They say 0-60 in the mid 4sec range...

There's a S600 up at Sacramento Raceway that ran an 11.68@118 on a 1.75 60'.:eek: Only mods are DR's & upgraded ecm. Not too shabby for a 4600 lbs, luxury liner. Too bad they start in the $130k range

Originally posted by 19TTA89
I posted A story a few weeks back on here about losing to a E-55 AMG...A new one(Just adding that because any other years would be a 13sec car at best).A guy brings one to RacewayPArk every now and then...I saw the car go 12.40@113,When He still had the temp tag in the window and a full tank of gas!!!!:eek: ..

I have a video of a New E-55 running A new cobra that has a Pulley,Chip,Exhaust.And Drag Radials..Put out 452 to the rear wheels on the Dyno..(Or so they Say..)..

If someone can host the video I will send it to them...It is 10.5MB....But a cool Video....:D

I think your R1 should of killed Him up top.....
The 2 Seater Amg isnt an E-55...Believe me...You will know if you run across one...They say 0-60 in the mid 4sec range...

This was in a semi residential area, so when I tried to walk him down I could see the red light about 3/4 mile away. I thought all the AMGs were E55, because this one was a two seater. I never seen anything like it, looked like he had 6 piston caliper brakes. As for the launch at the light, I get aprehensive when I have to dip through traffic so he could have that win.

theres the vid but i think the bandwith has been exceeded...check it out if it lets y

Does any one else have this video? I would like to see it.

Is this the car I've been seeing on the TV ads with the lady stuffing the monster back into the engine compartment and telling her husband he left the car unlocked again. Then the ad says AMG 469 (I think) HP?

What does this monster cost? I was behind a Mercedes the other day and on the right trunk lid it said AMG. Not sure if it said E55 on the left side or not. Would this have been one?

Terry

I think its around $110,000. The 2 door version I raced looks much better, but I think it costs a little more.

The 369HP E55 is the OLD one. They will be putting that motor into the new C55...

The new E55 is 469HP with an Eaton blower.

There are a couple AMG 2-seaters out there that are pretty hot - the SLK32 (Eaton blown V6, ~360HP) and the CL55 (same motor as the E55 in the big coupe body).

If you want to see cutting edge Mercedes tuner action, check out www.renntechmercedes.com and see what they're doing to the E55 and others... heading towards 600HP and beyond...

They aren't unbeatable, but you better bring the big guns...

Jim

According to Car and Driver... 469/516:eek: and thats the Factory ratings. I think all of us Buick owners know about the accuracy of factory ratings;) The base price is $88,000. That video is definatly awesome! I think its cool to see four doors and a ton of leather spanking Fords finest example of a muscle car.

Like said before, just donate your bike to someone who will actually push the thing to his real potential.

Lean way up on the tank...rev it out ...ride the clutch and pucker to the seat and kill em.

Originally posted by buickfreak
Like said before, just donate your bike to someone who will actually push the thing to his real potential.

So I guess I should have taken it up to 140/150 and blown right through the red lighted intersection, right? Anyone who rides a bike knows that they do not stop as good as cars, especially cars with 16in 4 wheel disks. I ended up sliding the last 10 feet to stop as it was, so if I had gone any faster I would not be telling this story. :eek: