Anybody know or live buy any professional athletes?

David Robinson from the San Antonio Spurs lives about 12 miles west of my house. I believe that George Strait also lives in the same subdivision as Mr Robinson. I've seen Tim Duncan in the area where I live also so I figure he must live in the same part of town. I saw Duncan in his black Dodge Viper Truck. :D

Re: Damn Mark

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN
You must be loaded,,,rubbing elbows with Emmitt:D

HA! You got it all wrong. He built a house just down the street from my fire station, not where I live.

I can only wish I lived in his neighborhood. I don't make enough annually to pay his taxes!:D

not sure if it counts but....

Bryant Young's (49ers Pro Bowler) parents live directly across the street from me. Never met Bryant, but waiting to. Thing that sucks, is I think their whole family works at the Ford plant in Ford Heights. Not to mention when the entire family is over, its a huge display of fords. Talk about garbage.

Scott

I worked at Lufthansa with two former NASL soccer players. Joe Filan played for the New York Cosmos (with Pele), and Robert Meschbach played for a few teams including the Minnesota and Tampa NASL teams. Robert also would have went to the 1980 Olympics if they weren't banned and he played for the Indiana University team that won the NCAA soccer championship during his time there.

No one famous, but former pros anyway...

Robert Meschbach was the first round draft pick for the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers right out of college. He then played for a short time in Minnesota when the Strikers moved there. After that he went on to play for the Chicago Sting which won the Soccer Bowl in 1984. Then he played for the Cosmos and last San Diego.

Bill Cowher lived across the street from my grandma back in the day when he was a coach with the Browns. He was a really really nice guy and even helped my grandpa plant a tree in the front yard.

Growing up we had ALOT of pros in my neighborhood.
Philadelphia Flyers:
Barry Ashbee
Don Saleski
Paul Holmgren
Jim Watson

Phillies:
Mike Schmidt (as mentioned before he's a prick. Had a large, gated brick wall around his property)
Kevin Stocker

Eagles:
Floyd Peters (gave my oldest brother a football autographed by everyone in the 1968 Pro Bowl)

Racing:
Mark Donahue

i've meet alot of poker stars scotty gywen, doyle brunsen, and my brother in law which is currently the number #1 hold'em player in the world michael mizrachi " the grinder" ,

i've meet

richmond web
russell maryland
moose johnston
michael irving

Former Chicago Bull and now sportscaster, Norm VanLeir

I put a stop on a car that whipped a U turn right in front of me back in 99 in trhe downtown area. I was certain this clown was gonna get a ticket until I walked up on the car and saw it was Stormin Norm. I used one of his lines after saying out loud Stormin Norm,-----"Man I was gonna put a foot in ur ass", he laughed and I went back to my car and drove off. Also had an encounter with Michael Jordan and his Lackys around 2002 or 03 when I was working a security side job at a club called The Glow. He showed up with about 20 people and went right in to the upsatairs VIP section. People in the club were gettin stupid so I was asked by the manager to stand right by his table. He only stayed for 30 minutes but did thank me personally and shook my hand with a significant donation. By the way theres no way hes 6'6" my guess is more like 6'3". Just an observation.

Brer Rabbit said:
I put a stop on a car that whipped a U turn right in front of me back in 99 in trhe downtown area. I was certain this clown was gonna get a ticket until I walked up on the car and saw it was Stormin Norm. I used one of his lines after saying out loud Stormin Norm,-----"Man I was gonna put a foot in ur ass", he laughed and I went back to my car and drove off. Also had an encounter with Michael Jordan and his Lackys around 2002 or 03 when I was working a security side job at a club called The Glow. He showed up with about 20 people and went right in to the upsatairs VIP section. People in the club were gettin stupid so I was asked by the manager to stand right by his table. He only stayed for 30 minutes but did thank me personally and shook my hand with a significant donation. By the way theres no way hes 6'6" my guess is more like 6'3". Just an observation.
But he had mad hops to amke up for it. i cant believe this thread was dug up from the past :cool:

Andrew Golotta lives 1 street behind and 2 down from me. See him on his Harley.

rowdiesfan said:
Robert Meschbach was the first round draft pick for the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers right out of college. He then played for a short time in Minnesota when the Strikers moved there. After that he went on to play for the Chicago Sting which won the Soccer Bowl in 1984. Then he played for the Cosmos and last San Diego.

Cool that someone else has heard of Robert. He was a nice guy and very modest of his playing days. I came to find out that he was a very highly rated player in high school and college. I worked with his brother too.

Gordie Howe knows me by my name. I have worked with him and quite a few Detroit area athletes in the past 10 or so years. I work in the Sports Memorabilia business though, so I guess that doesn't count. Ben Wallace makes me feel like a small child, and I am 6'1" 235lbs. Biggest guy I have ever seen.

I know Rocco Baldelli from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. During the winter he is mostly hanging around his father's pawn shop in Woonsocket, RI. Really mellow/shy guy. His father sponsors the legion baseball team in town, and has a batting cage in the basement of his shop. Rocco drives a real nice Range Rover.

Deon Sanders

Deon Sanders has a huge mansion in Prosper, I've been over their a few times with his nephew and sometimes for athletic purposes when I ran track. He also tried to get me to play football for Prosper and not just run track. He is a cool dude, has LOTS of cars. A garage full of exotics.