Anybody Have The New S&W M&P Shield?

gn.87

Time Capsule
Does Anybody Have The New S&W M&P Shield? If so what do you think of it? Reviews would be appreciated.

I have not been able to get one yet... I am not paying retail for one so....

I have seen tons of reviews, it is supposed to be a great a piece just like the M&P!

I KNOW the M&P is a great piece, that is what I actually carry 99% of the time.... What more can I say...

Look at youtube hickok45 review....

My local guy is trying to get me one in a 40 to match my full size. I'll probably end up having to pay retail. :confused:

Currently there are 7 listed on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=m&p shield

Five .40 cals and two 9mm.
They are one of the hottest selling concealed carry micro polymer semi autos out there right now. I got the change to shoot the 9mm version back in early May. I loved it. Recoil was very manageable. Comparing it to my compact M&P 9c, it really felt like a shrunk down version of the 9c. It has nice and visible sights and the thumb safety is easy to manipulate. Although, I didn't really care for the flush 7 round mag, as I could not get a full 3 finger grip on the pistol. I really prefer the extended base 8 round mag that also comes with it. It felt just a bit smaller than my current Colt New Agent that I carry daily and was significantly lighter. You could easily pocket carry it. I actually had one on layaway, but I wound up letting a nice lady who desperately wanted one have it. I still want one, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.
IMO, it blows away all the other competition in the micro polymer pistol market. Those being Kel-Tec, Kahr, Beretta Nano, Ruger LCP and LC9 and Springfield XDs. I highly recommend you check one out at your LGS.

Patrick

What's retail on these??? Looks like a nice upgrade to my Beretta MiniCougar.

I love my Beretta... but the single action trigger makes for long, slow, shots for accuracy. not really ideal in a self defense application.

Just got one. Have not fired yet. I'm happy I found it. I got it in a .40 and had to pay full retail as expected right now.

I guess they are all selling near $500 when all said and done. I paid $449 locally.

Just got one. Have not fired yet. I'm happy I found it. I got it in a .40 and had to pay full retail as expected right now.

Let me know how you like it, and about it's accuracy. I may trade in my Beretta for this.... I really like the looks of it, and if it functions as good as it looks, and feels right in my hands... I may have to jump on it.

I picked up a .40 a few weeks ago for $399.
So far it's been a great gun. I've only had time to put a couple hundred rounds through it, but it hasn't missed a beat. I've tried several different types of ammo from Winchester white box to hand loads with no malfunctions of any kind.
The recoil of the .40 is very controllable, (it's actually less snappy than my FNP 40) and the sights and trigger are fantastic. It's no target gun, but it is very accurate.
The ONLY complaint I have is that with the narrow grip, I have a hard time keeping the gun from moving around in my hand. While shooting it, it has a tendency to rise vertically out of my hand. I'm looking for some grip tape to fix that problem.
It is very small and light, and with a good IWB holster it disappears.

The ONLY complaint I have is that with the narrow grip, I have a hard time keeping the gun from moving around in my hand. While shooting it, it has a tendency to rise vertically out of my hand. I'm looking for some grip tape to fix that problem.

I would suggest you try one of these before resorting to grip tape.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/83...at-p-32-ruger-lcp-taurus-738-tcp-rubber-black

836024.jpg

I have a larger one on one of my Baby Eagles and it makes a huge difference in the feel.
HTH

Patrick

That place that Hickok45 always raves about is making grips for it too!

Just fired my S&W .40 Shield yesterday. I really liked it until it jammed. I think the safety was slightly on. I flipped it on and off and the gun fired fine from that point forward. It's time to shop for a holdster.

Just fired my S&W .40 Shield yesterday. I really liked it until it jammed. I think the safety was slightly on. I flipped it on and off and the gun fired fine from that point forward. It's time to shop for a holdster.

Glad to know brother! You scarred me for minute. :eek: Glad it alll worked out for you!