Anybody ever lose a T-Top after taking the sway bar off?

Skillet

With two Ss
The passenger side T-Top decided it no longer wanted to be part of the car and threw itself off tonight at a measly 65MPH. I haven't found it yet but will go back when it's daylight to check again. I was in the right lane so I am praying it didn't completely shatter and is laying in the grass somewhere. They were both locked at the time. The only thing different is today the front sway bar wasn't on because I was having problems fitting my new intercooler in, plus I wanted to see if it would stick a tire a couple inches in the air next trip to the track. Did I lose enough rigidity to cause my ttop to fall out? I'm just confused after having this car 2 years and over 100mph numerous times and NOW it falls out.

I had one start to fly out b/c it wasn't locked in all the way correctly. Luckily it was caught in time :eek:

Do the holes where the T-top "bolts" go in look normal on the car roof? Scuff marks? One of them rip out from rust or something?

Damn Skillet...that stinks. I have never had one fly out but the car does flex a lot. I suppose if you took off the front SB it might have flexed enough to let one loose. Makes sense to me.

Do what Luke suggests and look for something loose or missing up where the tops latch in. The are loose to begin with (front to back movement) so if something else is wrong up there that might explain it.

I hope it survived the fall. If not, they are pretty easy to come by for about 100 bucks.

I looked for the back bolt piece since it held on longer but I do not see anything. The holes do look fairly worn and the t-tops did rattle across rail road tracks, but they have always done that. I'm guessing the front weather strip has gotten so bad that air is getting underneath and that's what kicked it out. I did find one locally, minus the handle. I walked a couple mile area where it flew off three times and still never found it. I went ahead and ordered the t-top weather stripping kit so hopefully I won't have this happen again.