Anybody ever done anything like this?

Hotrodbuick

This is 4 what looks like injectors right before compressor side of housing which two spray methanol and two spray water. He said he gained 30 wheel horsepower and 10mpg from making this. I'm trying to find it on this vw website lol friend sent it to me and I thought it was pretty neat.

Attachments

• image-1513576054.jpg
    image-1513576054.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 401
I wonder how long you get the added "10mpg", before the alky/water runs out??

I don't know? I wish I could find the article that came from. My friend was just browsing around vw vortex and can't remember what he put in it make it come up. I looked an hour myself but no luck.

I emailed the guy who makes that kit you shared on here. It doesn't seem to come with a pump and I wanted to know how he activated this system, by boost or what. I was reading his article and said you can use X number of nozzles for water and X number of nozzles for methanol or alcohol or just pure alcohol. Lets see what he says when he responds.

That second one you posted is interesting because of all the different things he tried with the results. I wonder if anyone has tried both ways meaning pre turbo and direct to up pipe on a dyno and posted results some place? I've been looking but no luck.

Also contacted other guy about the I-fog system and its 300 just for it. You supply your own pump and way to activate it.

Interesting so far with amount that has been found.

Nice, I have been looking for the article since I received the picture. Now just have to go and read all the pages and see what they're talking about. Ill be busy for a while

Not that it might add anything to this discussion, but I tried Water meth injection on my Duramax. It increases horsepower and increasing horsepower = better MPG. So yes I seen a slight increase in HP and mpg, but misting the whole time never netted anymore. If you want power from it... go ahead. But MPG's are the selling point for these manufacturers. Snow MPG Max is what I had. Its for sale if you want to try that. Butt dyno says 75rwhp.

On a diesel engine, you have to spray a massive amount to net 75rwhp and try cutting the fuel to accomidate for the additional meth would be even more. My tank is 7 gallons and drained fast. Just sayin.

What would I run in my snow performance kit instead of boost juice?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

what do you mean harming anything?!
boost juice is methanol and whatever they want to dilute it with to charge more money. read a little. just buy methanol. its pure and better.

I ran everything from pure water to straight methanol. Good for HP and very minimal gains in MPG. BTW, I burned 3 controllers up within 6 months. The manufactures are banking on the power you gain to increase MPG. Its all gimmick crap in terms of MPG. Horsepower comes from the meth. When I ran 100% meth, I had a good increase in power but the Snow system is absolute junk. I pulled it off before it ruined a $35k truck. You want power and MPG's and all of it for cheap? buy a diablo sport Predator for $100 on ebay, Or get the old PPE programmer for couple hundred. I got 23mpg's hand calculated with Diablo and serious power from PPE.

Well now your talking diesels, a whole diff. Ball game my friend! Something I know a little about, ppe is OK but all out performance and tuning you need afi live or nothing. I've had it all and on every brand I've built trucks that made over 1000 HP and nothing was as good as efi live

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app