Anybody else have a Curio & Relic Firearms license?

Guess

87 GN
I've had mine since the Clinton administration. It only costs $30 for a 3 year license. This allows you to collect guns on the Curio & Relic list. All you have to do is fill out the BATF application and send a copy of the app. to your "chief law enforcement" person in your area. I send mine to my Chief of Police in my little town.

The C&R FFL allows you to order guns directly from the manufacturer straight to your door. You just mail the company your signed FFL and they will ship to you. No FFL transfer fees and warehouse prices. The only downside is that you cannot make a habit of buying guns for cheap and selling them for profit. It is for collecting only. You can sell a firearm here and there, but it's sketchy on what constitutes "conducting business". I never sell mine though. You must also keep a log of your purchases and sales. You are also subject to an inspection bye the BATF. You can do that in your home or haul all your C&R weapons and your logbook to their office. I've never been inspected before.

It's a great thing for only $30 for three years. Here is what I've purchased with mine:
CZ-52 pistol It fires 7.62x25 rounds. It will make the guy at the gun range get off his butt to see what the hell are you shooting.
Some Russian M-44's 7.62x54r and M1938 8mm
French Mas 49/56 7.5mm
Enfield #5 Jungle Carbine
M91/30
Mint Yugo 59/66 SKS - you can still barely see the night sights glow in the dark

Most of these were right around $100 or lower when bought. However, it can get real expensive. I stick to the cheap stuff.

Forgive the comforter
IMG_0928Medium.jpg

IMG_0929Medium.jpg

IMG_0930Medium.jpg

IMG_0931Medium.jpg

IMG_0932Medium.jpg

IMG_0941Medium.jpg

IMG_0942Medium.jpg

With attack dog!
IMG_0936Medium.jpg

IMG_0940Medium.jpg

That's great if you want to buy a Muskatoon but I don't believe it applys to modern weapons. correct???

But great collection. I believe the Dragunov 7.62x54 was a 1,000 yd' er. I know that isn't what ya got but still cool round in the day.

What you may not know is that you can buy autos with a C&R as well and no major paper work. There are strict guidlines as to what fits in but you don't have to worry about going through the normal channels and pay for the stamp to own them.

If you need some 303 send me a note Don. I've got a few thousand rounds but they're corrosive so you have to clean right after you shoot them. Some of the rounds are cordite as well so you get some smoke when you shoot them. If you get any more Mausers and you want to put a scope on one I've got the jig for drilling it as well.:)

Thanks Charlie. I only shoot the corrosive stuff. I'd like to get some more Enfields, but any play money is going into the GN now.

I like the CZ52. I have both blue and phosphate. The only pistol round that will penetrate a Kevlar helmet.

I think you need a few Japanese rifles for that C&R. How many do you want?

I like the CZ52. I have both blue and phosphate. The only pistol round that will penetrate a Kevlar helmet.

I think you need a few Japanese rifles for that C&R. How many do you want?

Don't forget the FN5.7