Anybody around D/FW burn E-Proms?

91CavGT

I'm trying to find someone locally, or a company locally that could burna custom E-Prom for me for my 89 Sunbird. I'm going to be swapping a 3 bar MAP sensor in place of the factory 2 bar unit so I won't be hitting the factory 14 psi fuel cut, but when I do this my air/fuel mixture is gonna be all screwy.

So, is there anyone or a company in the area that can re-program these things? Thanx......

Whats the part number for the ECM?

It should be on the ECM itself.

Thats the same ECM as in the Syclones.

SWEET!!!!

hmm, I wonder if a performance chip for a Cyclone/Typhoon would work with my motor?

Originally posted by 91CavGT
SWEET!!!!

hmm, I wonder if a performance chip for a Cyclone/Typhoon would work with my motor?

I'd be amazed if a Syclone chip worked since it's a 6 cyl with totally different fueling requirements. The point is, there is tuner software available for that ECM (Tunercat?); take a look at the GM ECM list at www.diy-efi.org. Someone who does custom Syclone chips should be able to use your stock calibration as a basis for a 3 bar cal. Brian Greene (? again) is who I think does the 3 bar stuff for the Syclones.

Originally posted by 91CavGT
I'm trying to find someone locally, or a company locally that could burna custom E-Prom for me for my 89 Sunbird. I'm going to be swapping a 3 bar MAP sensor in place of the factory 2 bar unit so I won't be hitting the factory 14 psi fuel cut, but when I do this my air/fuel mixture is gonna be all screwy.

So, is there anyone or a company in the area that can re-program these things? Thanx......

There ain't an easy answer here.
It's not just a plug and play thing, you need to change the code to get the ecm to understand you changed sensors.
It does no good to change the MAP, if you run out of injector, anyway.

You need to make sure you have enough fuel pump, and injector before dialing up the boost.

There is a 3 bar MAP chip out there but it's part of the Ultrachip package, but that's Syclone specific.

Likes been mentioned www.tundercat.com makes an editor for the chip. Thou it's for the 2 bar version.