any rush fans here

I want Neil's drumset! The one where he is totally surrounded by everything imaginable...
Awesome player. He is definately one of the greats!
(yeah, Im a drummer by the way.. how could you tell??:D )

I must admit, I'm a Pink Floyd fan first, but Rush is in my top groups. I agree with the comments here about the talent of Rush. I'm quite impressed at the Rio perfoemance given all the trouble Neal said they ran into with the equipment getting drenched the night before. Pretty d@mn good considering no sound check.
But I do have a question: Can anyone explain how "Victor" came from the same talent pool? Just curious.

Dan

not to sure of that one myself. i bought it and thought it suc#ed. he said its definately not rush, but it wasnt suppose to be.:D

Sorry to bring it back... I just wanted to thanks you guys for your recomendation - The Rush live in RIO disk is Awesome.

Alanj

Originally posted by SilverSleeper
I want Neil's drumset! The one where he is totally surrounded by everything imaginable...
Awesome player. He is definately one of the greats!
(yeah, Im a drummer by the way.. how could you tell??:D )

If you like drummers then check out Carter Beauford from DMB. Best out there IMHO. It WAS Neil Peart until I heard Carter :)

Does Lee or Peart write the lyrics?

It's been a while, but doesn't Peart write some or most of the really cool lyrics they use?

I was listening to the Mark & Brian Show on KLOS yesterday and a drummer called in with "drummer trivia". The question was, "Which drummer went to England to break into the music business, came back broke, worked in his father's shop until he heard about an audition for a new band, then arrived at this band's audition carrying his drums in a trash can?" The answer was Peart.

I also heard Lee's solo CD-- excellent. I'm also a fan of "Big Money" from their Power Windows CD; the drumming on that is amazing.

Oh yeah, I'm a brass player! ;)

Morgan
'87 GN 11.1s on the new motor, getting there

:eek: RUSH IS TOURING???

I gotta go.

Is that Rush from Rio in 2channel stereo, Dolby Digital, or is it DTS?

Rush's Moving Pictures and 2112,
Some of the highest quality recorded rock EVER!!!

Getty is a audiophile. The music's recording quality has to sound good to him before it will be released.

Quality of the music and the recording is awsome.
When shopping for your next stereo you should take one of these two CD's with you.

Pink Floyd also has some very high quality recorded music also.
I can only listen to Floyd when I want to go to sleep,very calming and soothing
:)

The Wall, Money, being the exception.

Yeah, 2112 is an excellent album and the 3 piece band is second to none. I just want to know how many have this on vinyl in pristine condition besides me and Lyonsd!:D

I have a few on vinyl, I'd rate them in zorched condition however. ;)

If you play them they sorta get that way.

I like the original 3 piece band as well, ELP.

Carl Palmer started the big drum kit fad and is my favorite drummer.

"Working Man" is my favorite RUSH song, long and loud. :D

If you want to see Rush in concert, go to www.Rush.com and sign up to buy tickets through their presale. It started yesterday at 9am Pacific for most of the North American cities. Not sure what's left, but they were good prices compared to what Ticketmaster will be selling. I was able to get somewhat decent tickets for just over $100 for 2. These are just off to the right and the 25th or so row back. The whole front sections of Cricket Pavilion in Phoenix were reserved. After I bought the tickets my wife called me to let me know that the lady she works for just bought her $400+ tickets off of Ebay that are in the 7th row and we'll be located right in front of Geddy. My wife is a HUGE fan and we have all their CD's. I guess I'll be Ebay'ing my other tickets off. :D

neal peart is probably the best drummer i've ever heard, i have a few of his 5 minute drum solos on my computer and there awsome (i wish i could play like that) but as for the rest of the band, its not my taste...

I like Rush, but I thought that was the worst concert I had ever been to. If it wasn't for Neil Pert, I woulda walked out. Geddy Lee sounded like Alvin (from Alvin in the chipmunks) after sucking on a helium baloon. Geddy Lee is totally confined to where he was playing (singing, keyboards, and base at the same time don't allow for much movement)and the guitarist pushes more pedals than a formula 1 driver. There was not a word in between songs, it was just boring to me. It was problably 20 years ago (signals tour) maybe they stepped it up.

You just gotta love RUSH. I have seen them twice. Oddly enough both times were on the Presto tour, once in Shreveport and later in Baton Rouge.

What about Signals? I love Subdivisions and New World Man.

Just bought tickets Saturday when they went on sale to see them in Denver at Red Rocks, I've heard that's an awesome place to see a concert, got 34th row back.

Ahh can't wait, I am going to see the again on Aug 11 2004 at Jones Beach

I have seen every tour since Hold Your Fire. Roll the Bones 2x and vapor trails will be 2x. I have alomst every album except the first one and a few bootlegs.

Originally posted by AlanJ
Sorry to bring it back... I just wanted to thanks you guys for your recomendation - The Rush live in RIO disk is Awesome.

Alanj

Yes! And, if I may be so bold to Toot My Own Horn, the Dragon Video audio was created by ME! :D

All the dragon voice is my voice processed through a harmonizor and other fancy crap.

Geddie was great to work for, loved it all.

BT

Originally posted by Foolis
Yes! And, if I may be so bold to Toot My Own Horn, the Dragon Video audio was created by ME! :D

All the dragon voice is my voice processed through a harmonizor and other fancy crap.

Geddie was great to work for, loved it all.

BT
for real? thats pretty cool.:D