any reggae fans around here?

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
this is a totally random post, but i am jamming out to some reggae stuff here, and i absolutely love this music. i think bob marley was one of the greatest things to ever happen to music. of course there are many other reggae artists out there, but i am currently listening to bob.

Listened to that music when I was down on Cosumel last year, was pretty cool.

My WEED comes in a bottle from JAMAICA man, it's called RUM. :D

PARTY DOWN MAN ;)
Tarey D.:cool:

I never was a big Reggae fan until I took a trip to Jamacia to get married. I heard that music for 14 days! Afterwards, it still reminds me of laying on the beach drinking a nice cold drink and hearing the steel drum in the background. I like it!

James

I had a reggae band play at my wedding. It made the party.
If you guys like reggae, try listening to Dread Zeppelin. They have a singer that sounds like Elvis singing Led Zeppelin songs to a reggae beat and style. I have all their CD's. Check them out at:
http://dreadzeppelin.com
Once you listen to them, you will love them. I grew up listening to Led Zep and its a nice twist. I just turned 37 too.

I've got some reggae in my cd collection. I have to be in a mellow mood to listen to it.

Bob Marley
Ziggy Marley
Peter Tosh
Black Uhuru
Linton Kwezi Johnson
Burning Spear

Dread Zeppelin is a fun band too! Tortelvis cracks me up!:D

Originally posted by striker_29
Stoners:D

its all good man;)

i definately visited jamaica about 2 years ago, and it was the best time i have ever had. of course, where i was it was a continuous party, at hedonism II. in fact, you guys should check ou their website. i think its at superclubs.com or something. i have definately gotten into the culture of rastafari though. very interesting stuff.

I have a few for you to check out:
Jimmy Cliff
Inner Circle <--- Cop's Theme etc. A little more tolerable for whitey.
Steel Pulse

I like some reggae,but to hear it ALL the time it will drive you MAD. Reggae is pretty much dead in Jamacian culture,now their music is some guy screaming in patwaa for a second,then you hear a reggae clip then back to someone screaming in patwaa, then it just keeps going like that,doesnt even sound like music. Appleton Rum sucks a big one:D But this Jamacian stuff im toking on right now is VERY KIND too bad that Jamaica (besides the all inclusive resorts) is a NASTY, unsafe place.

this is something i never would have thunk would be posted on this site. i am still laughing.

so there are some cultured people on here! :D

this would be like me asking if anyone heard the new lil' kim album on here.