any one willing to help a newbie out!!!

datquick6

i just put in my new tt chip and drove around for a while for the ecm to learn the new setup. after being warmed up a bit
i checked my numbers and my blms went back up to 142
with the reds 93 chip it was around 119.
my fuel pressuer was at 43 line off
i changed my stock inj for some 42lbers that i bought off a member.
right after installing them i primed the pump and the fuel pressure went up to about 40 then slowly went down to about 30. i looked for a leak but didn't find any. so i adjusted it back to 43. dnt know if your always supposed to adjust after diff inj install. or if a inj might be leaking. once the car is turned on the fp is just about right. havent checked if this still occurs
i have yet to adjust the iac since its at 00 at idle.
i didn't really want to get into boost without a tune. but jst to check i got in it and i'm running lean. my 02's are around 775-785 with about 2 degree of knock. once i see knock i let off so i dnt know if the number keeps climbing. i got on it again and my o2s were at low 700 with no nock. this is all done from a slow roll. i really don't feel the car shift at any point so i am not sure if knock occurs at a shift point. plus there was a lot of traffic.

my question was if anyone would be willing to help me tune my car.
im located in bakersfield n besides me i know of only one other member near me. i would be willing to drive any were as long as its in cali.

btw boost is set at 11psi
i quickly goes up to 11 n im sure it stays there like i said before its just a quick wot pass so dnt know if boost keeps rising or stays at 11.

User name "#1HotRod" is somewhere in your area. Might want to consider doing a search under the name "bakersfield" and see if there aren't others in your area. And lastly, I feel confident that if you bring that thing to Ralph's Pizza Cruise there will be a lot of stand-up guys to lend a hand. I also would not bury my foot in the boost until you find out what's going on with the car.

the last time i did a search under bakersfield
i found cool84 and pm'd and emailed him but have not got a response.
the last time i pm'd gnbooster87 or something like that he said he was moving to bakersfield. but haven't heard back from him either.i think he was banned?
i was thinking of going to the cruise but i have no idea were its taking place.
and yes i realize the damage i can do with knock..but i am not worried since i only drive it about twice a month. and i am not out dogging it

You have a vacumm leak, find it and fix it, check the checkvalves, check all the hoses for cracking and change them, check intake, check the EGR gasket, what is your TPS set at, get the right values on the TPS and then adjust the AIC to read between 10 to 45 at idle, set tps between .40 to .46 but no higher or lower and it should read 4.78at WOT but no higher than 4.82 or you wont be able to adjust the turbotweak chip.. good luck..

tps is set at .44
just need the iac.
my concern was that how can switching out the chip make my blms rise.
but i will look for leaks again. i had found 2 before and plugged them so maybe they reopened.
how do i check chekvalves?

first off you need to lower the idle on with the idle screw so your IAC's go up, once you get them to the target area then check your TPS as it would gone down, readjust again to desired settings, your check valves are tested by blowing on one end I believe the black end and it should not allow any air to go through, you should get air going one way but not the other, I believe there are 2 main ones, the one right by the EGR and the other going to the vacumm canister, if you get air going both ways then the check valve is blown and you need to replace it., also if you happen to have a LT1 or LS1 MAF along with a translater make sure you set the translater BASE at setting pertaining to the MAF that its installed with 0 change and the WOT at 0 as well, remember that now you will be making changes with the Chip not the translater. unplug the orange to clear the settings and restart the car again and go for a drive, recheck settings and that should do it.. also check the vacuum lines going to the ball that controls the cruise control if you still have in the car, they tend to leak and replace as necessary, make sure to ZIP tie every vacumm hose to acomplish proper seal., one last thing to do is replace your Oxygen sensor as it could be lazy from age and causing the BL's to be high.. a good O2 sensor to buy is the denso or simply spend a little more cash and get the purple wire one use in the GNX, check hoses by vacumm block on top of throttle body and also the vacumm block itselt to make sure it is not leaking.. good luck.

my cousin ramon is in bakersfield!!!!! he said you have stood him up a couple of times saying you comming over and never show up:confused: if you need help you need to be more serious about it! come down to the cruise and we can help out:biggrin:

well the thing is that he im not located exactly in bakersfield. im about 30 mins away. and im have never drove my car out of this city with high blms . i was suggested not to since the fuel would wash down the cylinders a lot. plus your cousin is in the process of replace HG dont want to botther him with my problems.
i thought i had fixed the blm problem.i ziptied all vac lines cheked for leaks. but have not checked chek valves ill do that in a bit..
let me get to the iac and i will post the new numbers up
the o2 idea is great since i havent bought one for a couple moths
i have a bosch one on it right now

tues sounds good ill txt u later for the time
good things its spring break!! i have all this time to get it fixed

my cousin ramon is in bakersfield!!!!! He said you have stood him up a couple of times saying you comming over and never show up:confused: If you need help you need to be more serious about it! Come down to the cruise and we can help out:biggrin:

lol,lol,lol you put him on the spot man.

just take it over with ramon and let him help you out...its 30 min drive just stay out of boost:biggrin:

i replaced the check valve by the egr..it was bad. i could blow air in either direction.
i noticed that i do not have a check valve for the vaccum canister?
is it mandatory to have on on this line also?

i replaced the check valve by the egr..it was bad. i could blow air in either direction.
i noticed that i do not have a check valve for the vaccum canister?
is it mandatory to have on on this line also?

Yes it is, most likely you also blew the diagfram inside the sensor itself, because the sensor was seeing all Pressure while under boost, also this particular line will not cause high BLM's, check your crossover and your headers for leaks.. do you have a translater and LT1 or LS1 sensor or not?

no i do not im still using the original maf.
ill check for leaks on those 2mmorow at ramons house.
thnx

went to ramons today. we fixed a couple bugs. replaced a couple hoses and an exhaust leak. finally fixed my knock problem. the downpipe was hitting the frame. there is a huge dent were they meet. spent all day looking for vacuum leaks bout found only one. heres the thing. after about 3 mins of idle the Bl shoots up to 142 and the Int stays at 128. we created a vacuum leak and the Int shoots up to about 140 but the Bl stays at 142. once i put it on drive the Bl drops down to 126-131
any thoughts to why?
after fixing it we went out to drive see how it felt. went wot and my o2 were ridiculously low. 720. only way to raise it is to add fuel on the chip.
spent the rest of the day working on it. after that i headed home. on the way there a mustang pulled up... so i showed him what i had. i went wot. for some reason my eyes got stuck on the fuel gauge and i noticed that the pressure gets up to around 55 then shoots back down to 40. i had never noticed this before. this must be why it leans out. The pump is just not keeping up. o2 look good just up to around 11 psi. of boost. i noticed 02 are in the low 800 to 830 then drops about 100+just went the Fp drop
Guess its time for a new pump

Time for a new pump and hotwire kit, 40psi at WOT will break your motor becarefull, your BL's look good at Idle and that is what matters, A weak pump will also cause the BL's to be higher than the normal when you put the car in parking, remember that the motor goes into Vacumm when you throw it in parking so I still think you have a very small leak somewhere, buy yourself a Mighty Vac and check all hoses to make sure they hold pressure.. ;)