Any of you from the Las Vegas area

ULUZ2A6

Low on traction
I am moving out there soon. I had a few questions. I am looking at moving this May, assuming the car is sold by then.

I will be renting a home for the first year or so. Was wondering what side of town you all liked the best.

Also who you had for car insurance.

Have you been there since birth, or are you a transplant?

I'm not sure how many homes are actually for rent, but I'd figure your rent would probably be at least $1400/mo. The avg home is something like $310k now. Unlike a year or so ago, at least there are homes available.

Most tend to like either Henderson (southeast) or Summerlin (northwest). As bad as traffic is, you should try to find something reasonably close to where you work. Stay away from the lettered streets, especially D street, and MLK, Washington, & Bonanaza. That tends to be the roughest part of the city. (I mean close to the I-15, because if you head several miles west on, for example, Washington you start approaching Summerlin).

I'm with State Farm. When I moved here, my insurance skyrocketed to something like $2500/yr (up from about $1,000/yr in Pennsylvania). Now that I'm older and have been accident free for nearly 10 years (knock on wood), it's more reasonable. I have 2 high-performance cars (GN + GTP) and my full coverage insurance is about $1900/yr -- and will go down for my 10th anniversary.

In July, I'll have lived here 10 years, so I'm a transplant.

YIKES!!! I pay $500 a year for full coverage here in Indiana! That's for a GN, Saturn, and a trailer!

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at those exact areas. I have found several homes for rent. They only seem to last about a week and they are rented. There are literally 1000's to choose from. Going out soon to scout and make a deposit.

I am selling the car to help fund the trip. I will miss wrenching on GN's and would like to find some locals with a need for a helping hand. :frown: