any of you bike guys out there help me...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
ok...i was out looking at maybe getting another bike because i do like my GPz, but i want something heavier too. i was originally looking at a 97 triumph daytona 955i, but its been sitting at this particular dealership way too long and theyre still asking $6k for it, so thats too much. on the other hand, they have a '97 suzuki TL1000 there with 11.5k miles for $4700 and i like it. it was piped out and stuff and i had the guy run it for me, it sounded like a beast. but the fact that its a sweet sportbike for $4700 sounds nice to me. so my point here is do any of you know this bike and any major issues with it?

thanx

There was an issue with headshake(steering going from lock to lock)make sure it has a steering dampener. Or look for a 98TL1000R about 25 more hp

check out www.tlplanet.com for info on the TL.The 97 has to be an "S" model.They were good bikes designed to compete with Ducati at a lower price.The 97 was the highest horsepower version as they were detuned on later models.
The headshake problem was only on some early production models that were tested in Europe.Suzuki put steering dampners on them and i have never heard of any problems.They did have a bad problem with cracking frames.My buddies 97 cracked his but it was stunted unmercifuly.

I have rode one and I loved it but of course I love the power of a V twin the way it pulls. Plus they are very easy to walk. And have fun on.

Why not a newer GPZ? 96 or so....Same motor as the ZX-11 just slightly de-tuned.

I believe they still make like 106hp at the wheel stock!

i do like the newer gpzs, and thought about that, but i am really hung up on that suzuki. i love the v twin sound, and this one in partucular is really loud. plus its a different bike than what everyone else has.