Any Nissan GTR owners

Frank87

I just would like to clarify something I heard from a Nissan sales person tonite is that the Skyline GTR needs brakes at 5000 miles and it costs 8000.00 dollars. I thought someone here owned one of those cars, I just am not sure who does. If that is the case at $100,000 (PLUS) for the car and 8K for a brake job I will never let go of my GN. :)

from what ive read GTR's new are like 70-75k ... a guy here has 1 ive tried to race no dice

Forget the GTR...Crazy repair bills and if you drive it like it was built to be driven you void the warranty. If you are looking to purchase a car at that price point I would highly suggest a Turbo Porsche.

Its all a gimmick ... you get the car "cheap" , then pay out the ass for service or you void your warrantee. This is good for people who could BARELY afford the car, they just dont service it (or drive it ) .

The sad thing is like said above ... the warantee has so many "rules" ... you cant even push the car in fear the warantee wont replace broken parts.

Why buy a PERFORMANCE car, if you cant abuse it?! ---

lol

Because Gm don't make a turbo v6 anymore you guys are so desperate to keep the turbo v6 alive you will actually look at an import like a gtr when you can build a gn or buy a zr1 and have a much more superior car. Then there is another thread about the LF-GAY who cares. 400K? Junk. Buy a Ford mustang v6 or taurus tt if you want a fast modern v6 but forget the import.

that is just plain stupid what people will pay for that service. A diva car is all it is. High maintenance and a fragile little bitch. Gimme a C6Z06

Nissan

I would never buy one even if I had the money. Yes I would get me a vette and get a turbo or a blower put on it and good by niSSAn. :)

IMO a GTR is one of the ugliest :eek:cars around. It could have been designed by the layed off from Pontiac Aztec design team. For that kind of money, buy something decent.

Well, those are carbon ceramic brake rotors....and no one sells those cheap, especially Brembo.
I think forcing a service at 5000 miles is crap, I'm sure those cars have brake usage/wear systems in them. Go in for service when it tells you.
The carbon ceramics on the F-Cars are intended to last the life of the car. The pads are a different story, but last a fair while because no one puts any miles on these things (nor can they drive to the cars.brakes potential).

When the CCM's came out a while back (on street cars) Ferrari picked a number out of a hat as far as bringing a car in prematurely to check the wear on the brakes. This was done at the expense of Ferrari.

Nissan is smoking something.

Just a few added comments.

I do have a local customer who owns several turbo Buicks and a new ZRl and a GT-R.....The GT-R was cheaper than the ZR1.....also the GT-R is quicker than the ZR1. The ZRl like I am sure other high end fast cars all are expensive to work on parts wise especially the brakes.

Even the challenge of getting a tire dismounted and replaced has to be a costly experience just having the "rite" equipment to not damage the wheel.

This gentlemen who I know is a super nice guy and like many collectors seeks out certain vehicles he likes and is attracted to extremely fast rare cars.

Regardless of the upkeep for the high end cars those owners probably didn't need creative financing to make the initial purchase so whatever expenses arise while may seem stiff to us regular workers is not a big deal to them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Regardless of the upkeep for the high end cars those owners probably didn't need creative financing to make the initial purchase so whatever expenses arise while may seem stiff to us regular workers is not a big deal to them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yep, it's a whole different world.
I closed a $22K repair ticket last week and the client didn't flinch. The car only needed a belt service, rotors and pads. We also had to chase a slow down light which is a cat temp ecu.

'Quicker' is a relative term... due to AWD, the Nippon 'may' be quicker at the drop to xx mph or feet, but sooner rather than later, the ZR-1 is screamin' by.....:biggrin:

While that may be true...having the quickest or fastest car replaces what was the "sport" in the late 1800s early 1900s....I am referring to who had the fastest gun from a draw...problem there is when you finished second chances are they buried you......

On the street based on what you say the Nippon would be more fun from a traffic lite....similar to Syclone days....as I owned one of 2 GMC did all the magazine testing with and our tag read ZR1 KLR. Your rite out of the hole that AWD platform is a lotta fun....I know my wife loved it used it as her every day vehicle for 1-2 years......I think GMC "tweaked" it alittle as it really ran great. Had 9,000 miles on it when we took delivery of it from GMC headquarters.

denniskirban@yahoo.com