any Model railroad hobbyist in the crowd?

I've been collecting Lionel trains since I was 11 or 12, I'm now 30. My friends laughed at me for spending all my lawn mowing money on trains when I was little. I still have a lot, but I had to sell some to buy my house. It still makes me sick to think what I sold but I have all of my F 3's, all my Vista cruiser cars, the first set I had, which was given to me by my uncle. It was his, early '60's B&M set, bunch of accessories, etc. Unfortunately, it's all still boxed up and waiting for me to build a layout in the basement. Can't wait to crank up that old ZW again!!:D

i have a basic HO scale set, and about 36 feet of new flexible track that i've never used, maybe someday i'll get around to setting it up.

rr

N-scale mainly, some HO and a little O27.

Too much money tied up in the cars right now but I'll get back to it some day............

HO scale here. Im collecting rolling stock for a free lanced coal hauling line dated right before the WM, C&O, and B&O merger. All kit built stuff thats been detailed/weathered with some nice F units (A-B-B-A) and 2nd gen diesels (SD9s, SD35s and the like) for motive power. Planning on hand laying some track in correct code rail, command control, and a minimum radius of 24" on the main line. Unfortunately about all Ive gotten done so far is collect/build ~75 freight cars and about a dozen locos.

I grew up beside the Laural Bank subdivision of the Western Maryland so naturally Im into heavy coal hauling operations that need lots of motive power. :D Once I get too old/feeble to tinker with turbos in the garage I'll retire to the basement to play with my trains. ;)

HO and the big scale stuff. I have a mint set of Lionel (big scale) that was my mother's set when she was a small girl...prolly worth some $$$ now. I also have a few killer HO coal locos that are all steel construction and in mint condition. I'm sure soem day I'll set-up another layout for my kids.