Any Interest in a Cookout at York Beach Maine this July?

Joeld

Great family beach.

I can set up a few canopies and sort out whatever I need to sort out with the local officials.

If I can't cook at the beach, I can cook at the house and shuttle the food to the beach as I'm close to the beach.
I can only accommodate parking at my place for maybe 10 cars (dead end street with great neighbors), there is parking near the beach at lots and I can probably reserve some spots ahead of time if i talk with the owners of the lots? If you get there early, there is metered parking along the beach.

We'd be at long sands as I can set up above the high-tide line and we'd be able to be there for the day and the bathrooms are 100 feet from where we'd be.

There is a playground at short sands beach for the little ones (not a terrible walk from where we'd be), you can see on google maps.

I am happy to supply hamburgers, hotdogs, rolls and condiments. Serving tables, trash barrels, all that sort of thing. Cups, utensils. A couple of coolers and ice.

You would need to bring beach chairs as I don't have enough. Anything you want to eat other than hot dogs and hamburgers. Happy to cook whatever you bring if it needs to be cooked. You bring drinks.

Would rather no alcohol as it is not allowed on the beach and would rather not worry about anyone driving a super quick car home after drinking.

Please respond to this thread and let me know if there is any interest. If nothing else the beach is a blast for body surfing, boogie boarding and you can rent surf boards (we'd be right across the street from the surf shop) if you want to surf and don't have your own (assuming there are some waves that day).

York's not yet posted the schedule for fireworks, but we can pick a day where there are fireworks if that is a preference, I can call and find out, they must know by now I'd think?

Thanks,
Joel