Any interest....'87 Buick Turbo T roller f/s.

Slo86GN

The Nightstalker
As much as I hate to do it, decided to sell my 87 T project before it's finished. Time to pay off some bills and get things ready to buy a house. Maybe after things settle back down I'll pick up another Buick. Anyway, here's the details:

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T hardtop.....code 15U Gray...WO2 blackout trim. Body is fairly straight and rust free. 174K miles on the chassis, but was owned by older lady, so wasn't abused. Original GA delivered car...have the original window sticker, bill of sale, owners manuals, receipts for work done over the years, maintenance records, etc. Body is in very good condition other than a few dings/small dents. Interior is in good condition, just sun faded from years of southern sunshine. Headliner is showing no signs of sagging, just needs a little cleaning. I'll list the new/installed parts below.

Installed:

Comp Eng 3 way adjustable front shocks
Tubular A-arms from Gbodyparts.com
Upper ball joints
Braided brake lines
Hurst Line Loc
Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite gauges:
*boost
*oil pressure
*water temp
Autometer 3 3/8" CF tach
Autometer mini shift lite w/signal box
Precision FMIC w/3" pipes
B&M trans cooler w/braided lines from factory lines to cooler
METCO billet LCAs

New parts waiting to be installed:

Moser 28 spline axles
Summit TA style rear cover
S10 wheel cylinders
CE 3 way adj rear shocks
F-body radiator w/dual Spal fans
GM posi rebuild kit
Caspers dual fan harness kit
Autometer PC Ultra Lite 2 5/8" fuel press gauge w/CF mounting cup
new power steering pump
Champion CNC aluminum A/C delete bracket

Engine Parts:

MPE sheetmetal plenum
Accufab 65mm TB
IAC angle boss
Fuel rail w/Motron 60# injectors
Turbo Tweak chip
Translator with LT1/SS maf
MSD 8.5mm wires
Turbo Saver/pre-filter kit from RedRegalT

Transmission is still in the car:

Pat's 10"/3200 l/u convertor
Billet input shaft
10 vane pump assy
PTS Extreme shift kit

I'm still waiting on final assembly of the engine, so if you want it with the car, it may be a few more weeks until it's done. Price will go up accordingly if you want the engine as well, but will be worth it. I was intent on having a 10 sec car when all was said and done, so very few used parts. I pulled the a/c compressor, condensor, lines off the car, but still have them and the factory bracket if interested. Heater box is still in place and worked quite well. As a roller, asking $7,500/OBRO. There's roughly $5K worth of parts with the car, so your getting a solid car for cheap. I'm sure I have forgotten a bunch of parts, so will update as I remember more of what all I have for it. If interested, shoot me an email at Slo86GN@yahoo.com or Slo86GN@gmail.com . Pics can be found at http://boosted6.com/Evil87GN/ . Car is located in SE Georgia.

Remembered a few more things. Car has a Walbro 340 intank with Casper's hotwire kit, Hooker 2 1/2" cat-back exhaust, THDP with dump. Main harness has been re-taped and cleaned up. The Telstars go with the car, as well as the factory turbine wheels. I also just have a bunch of odds/ends laying around.....stock i/c w/braces, up pipe, plenum, new heater core, new door-sill panels...just various odds/ends from the 3 Buicks I have owned.

Bumping it one more time. New heater core is in, took the evap core out, made a nice mild steel block-off plate for it, then resealed the heater box with clear RTV. Repainted/reinstalled the heat shield as well. I'll get some new pictures tomorrow when I go by the shop.

Somebody buy this car so I will stop tinkering on it.....lol.

EDIT: Didn't realize the pics link isn't working until just now. If anyone wants pics, just shoot me an email and I can send them to you.

Couple of pics that I did have on the website. Car does come with the Telstars and the stock wheels.

Telstars3.jpg

Telstars1.jpg

Stock wheels....right after I bought the car.

GrayT4.jpg

GrayT6.jpg

Price reduced to $6500....going to keep a few parts for the new engine that should be done by Christmas.. :rolleyes: . Have pictures of engine bay, gauge install/dash for anyone who is interested.

Thanks for the bump Daniel. Right now I'm trying to sell it with both sets of wheels. New axles, bearings, S10 wheel cylinders, brakes are going in along with new 3.42 gears and Moser Pro Race lightweight spool. I thought the car had been converted to G80 in '95 and was going to just rebuild the posi....nope, plus it had a small chip in a ring gear tooth. I'm going to give it til the weekend....after that, just going to keep it.

ttt for you again, lonnie that is no problem. good luck on the sale. that is a good looking car i have always liked that color. if you dont mind me asking what all needs to be done to have it running. i was just wondering why you are discouraged with it. thanks, daniel

Thanks Daniel. I'm just getting frustrated with the little delays/problems I keep running up against, plus just want something I can drive. Feels like I'm dumping money into a black hole and seeing no end in sight. It also doesn't help that it's currently residing on my buddy's shop..taking up space he could use for other projects. I would bring it to the house, but don't have a garage to keep it in.

To get it running.....drop an engine in and get it fired up. Main harness is still there and re-taped/wrapped, Trans is still in the car and hooked up. I even have some 009's and 3 chips for them if a mild engine was going back in the car.

If somebody wanted to do a restoration, this would be a good car to start with as well.....solid, very little rust, all the trim/interior parts are in place, just a little sun faded. Have original Regal owner's manual, AC Delco stereo manual w/radio station directory, GM Maintenance Schedule book, 1987 Warranty and Owner Assistance Information for Buick New Cars, Warranty card, window sticker, dealer invoice, copy of original tax/tag application, reciepts for work done, tag reciepts from a few years. The manuals are still in the dealer "Car Owner Companion" folder that is showing some wear/tear, but still intact.

However.......the rear end will have to be changed. The factory 8.5" was rebuilt in 1995 by the dealer using GM parts. I found out today that it has a 7.5" rear in it right now. Went back through the reciepts and found one for a 1987 Buick Regal rear....from a non-turbo car. Evidentally the owner didn't know there was a difference between turbo and non-turbo rears. It was changed out in 2000 judging by the reciept date. I would never have known if I wasn't tearing it down to put the Moser axles in. So now I have all new parts for an 8.5" rear.....all you would need is a housing.

Moser Pro Race lightweight spool
Moser 28 spline axles with hardened studs
New 3.42 ring and pinion
Ratech diff intall kit
New brake drums
New brake shoes
New S10 wheel cylinders
New braided brake line w/fittings

Somebody come get this car......$6,000 even with the new rear end parts I just bought. I know I'll lose money on it, but I'm past frustrated with the car.

Lower mileage G80 rear going in this week......Moser's, S10 wheel cylinders, new brakes, braided brake line, new distribution block, and the Comp Eng 3 way adjustables will be bolted in. Posi will be pulled and freshened up with GM rebuild kit.

If somebody brings me $5,800 cash, it's outta here. I know I'm losing my butt with the time/money in the car, but oh well.

you wouldn't want to trade for a 68 chevelle (not and SS, just a Malibu) in primer with a th400 and 80s model 350 in it? Asking for a good friend. The Chevelle is a decent builder. It runs and drives fine.

I'll keep that in mind, but I'm really just trying to sell the car outright to pay off some bills in preparation of going house hunting. I will say I have seen some nice looking Chevelles around though......a Pro Touring style Chevelle looks killer IMO.

grocerygetter said:
you wouldn't want to trade for a 68 chevelle (not and SS, just a Malibu) in primer with a th400 and 80s model 350 in it? Asking for a good friend. The Chevelle is a decent builder. It runs and drives fine.

Ole Gray!

C'mon Lonnie, get that thang running and bring Ole Gray down here to Gainsville so I can check'er out.... don't rollover on her! :cool:

LOL......Well, I wish I could get her finished up as quick as I want, but I'm running out of time and money. It's only about 4 weeks until the fall outage season starts, which means I will be on the road for 3-4 months minimum. I don't think my buddy would be willing to let OG take up space in his shop until the end of the season. I was hoping to have her done before then, but at the rate I'm going, it's not gonna happen. It sucks for sure, but really don't have much of an option. The car is in too good of shape to let it just sit outside until I get back....the ol girl deserves better. Wouldn't bother me as much if I had a garage/shelter to put her in, but I don't. :(

tomcatturbo said:
C'mon Lonnie, get that thang running and bring Ole Gray down here to Gainsville so I can check'er out.... don't rollover on her! :cool:

She's back to being a true roller once again......fresh G80 rear is now under the car. New brakes, braided brake line, Moser axles w/hardened studs, S10 wheel cylinders, bearings, seals, braced rear diff cover, posi unit has new OEM GM clutches, Comp Engineering 3 way adj shocks. Got it sandblasted and painted yesterday, back together and under the car today.

If no-one makes a move to buy it soon, will be going into storage for a few months until I get home again.

was this the car i looked at in lebanon valley raceway in new york may of 05 ? if so that was super solid and i was envious of the condition of your doors. we can only dream of doors like that around here

Yep, that was my T that you looked at. She's had a few changes since then, but still the same solid car as before. Wish someone would buy her so she doesn't have to sit outside while I'm gone on the road. In the process of building a nice parking pad for her to sit on if she doesn't sell soon. If she has to sit outside, might as well make the best of it and give her a nice parking spot to sit on while she hides under the car cover... :cool:

GMV6TURBOPOWER said:
was this the car i looked at in lebanon valley raceway in new york may of 05 ? if so that was super solid and i was envious of the condition of your doors. we can only dream of doors like that around here