Any info on Weld Zero Drags?

Superrmario

Hey guys..

I have a nice set of Weld Zero Drags that were on my Cousins 87 GN back in the early 90's. After he sold the car, he gave him to his father who put them on his 70 Nova.

I just acquired these wheels and shined them up. They shine up very nice! I know they were discontinued in the mid 90's and obviously I cannot source any internet info. I called Weld, and they said they are not for Street use but this was from someone in sales. I tried to get connected to someone in technical, and was given the same person in sales lol. I do recall my cousin driving these wheels on the street for years with no issues. His car never made a pass at the local track. When he had these wheels, the car was strictly show...

Can anyone shed light on this? It looks like they are two piece wheels as the Rivet heads actually bolt to the backside of the wheel.

Thx!

Attachments

• 20140223_164327.jpg
    20140223_164327.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
  • Weld 1.jpg
    Weld 1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 134
  • weld2.jpg
    weld2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
As you can see in my pic, those Draglites have been on my car for a long time and they are used for both street and strip. No issues.

Looking at your pics I would say some new tires might be in order.

From what I gathered they are well suited for street driving, like any wheel, avoiding deep potholes is advised. Been 30+ years and still a badass looking wheel.

As you can see in my pic, those Draglites have been on my car for a long time and they are used for both street and strip. No issues.

Looking at your pics I would say some new tires might be in order.

Thx Reggie. I appreciate it, but they're not Draglites or Rodlites. I already have a set of MT 255/60-15 Radials for the rear on their way. Fronts are actually in good shape.

From what I gathered they are well suited for street driving, like any wheel, avoiding deep potholes is advised. Been 30+ years and still a badass looking wheel.

Thx man.